lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
yukonjackgt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Extremely poor customer service @ Buggies Unlimited

Wasn't sure were to post this. But I was wondering if anyone else has had such poor quality service from Buggies Unlimited ?
It started a couple orders ago when I ordered my power driven clutch spring and they sent me the tuner kit for the drive clutch. When I called to let them know that it was incorrect the guy on the phone said it was correct and I would have to call there tech line the next day. I tried to do that but I actually work and sat on hold for an hr and gave up. It was the weekend and we went camping . I returned home to what was supposed to be my sport shifter. I of course instantly ripped into the box to find a master cyl. for a 73 C.C. WTF. The next business day I spent 2 hrs on the phone with a women that huffed and puffed the whole time. Finally got all that taken care of and correct parts in the garage.
So on the 10th I bit the bullet and tried them again with ordering a steering wheel and adapter. I have been calling everyday to get a tracking number or status of my order but cant get any response. I have left multiple messages with order # phone # etc. And even tried to email, still nothing. If they were local I would probably have beat someone by now.
Sorry about the ranting, I just hope no one else has to deal with this kind of service it is beyond me how places can do business this way.
yukonjackgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Extremely poor customer service @ Buggies Unlimited

BU used to be a great company, but they got bought up by their own supplier (Nivel) and their reputation fell in the crapper. I used to have their logo on my cart, but I removed it. I won't shop there anymore. Sorry you are having issues. Our BGW site sponsors are the best in the industry.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
yukonjackgt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I will not be using them again that's for sure. I have used a couple sponsors , and will now try to stick to them.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

As Gman mentioned Nivel is the owner of BU. Nivel is the largest supplier of aftermarket golf cart parts in the world, they continue to buy up their dealers.

They sell to dealers and they compete with their dealers for the customer sale at businesses like BU and Everything Carts, etc.
Some of our other BGW sponsors are Nivel owned too.
If you think you are getting screwed, imagine how their dealers feel.
They buy a $50 part based upon Nivel suggested retail of $100 only to see it advertised on the web at $61
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
Clubcar555
Not Yet Wild

Yukon, I am also an EX customer of B-U, same issues as you spoke of. Was told parts are being shipped then find out a day later via E-mail that everything is on back order. Not once but several times, and calls are not returned.

There are many good places to order from (site sponsors) so don't need the hassle.
Clubcar555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
yukonjackgt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I finally got through to someone on the phone. He informed me that the part was on backorder and when I asked why I wasn't notified , he said there computer system isn't set up for that yet. I asked why I wasn't told when I ordered it or the emails or multiple phone messages I left. He then says they are just so busy. So I told him to cancel my order and ill take my business to a company that's not to busy for the customer.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjackgt View Post
....He then says they are just so busy. So I told him to cancel my order and ill take my business to a company that's not to busy for the customer.
...and this is where the fun usually starts. All of a sudden your cancelled order ships, and they bill you for it. You call and complain, and the frustration just keeps building. Seen this scenario played out many times lately.

Keep us posted.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
yukonjackgt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Had to double check my account to make sure that they billed me, when I asked about refund I was told I never paid. I paid through pay pal so lucky for me there was records. I filed a complaint through pay pal and my money should be on its way back. What a pain in the ***.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #9
virtualy
Not Yet Wild

I was going to order a dump bed from Buggies Unlimited but thought I'd run a search for BU first to see what folks thought of the company. Glad I did. Thanks for posting.

Still need a dump bed though...
virtualy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I have bought a few accessories from them, this last order everything arrived at different times, which I don't particularly like. But one thing I did like was that they gave me a brake switch kit and extra rear supports for free. Not really sure why, but hey I have brake lights now. I sold the supports on craigslist for $20. They also send you about 6 months of their magazine after you place an order with them. I guess I've been lucky, no real bad experiences yet.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car