lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2016, 12:17 AM   #1
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Alltrax programming 2010 ydre

First of all, i apologize for my ignorance and thank you all for your great input. This site is invaluable. I have a 2010 yamaha drive. The cart is stock, with the exception of a high speed motor feom Electrical Motor Products. Witj the motor alone the cart went from 14 to 21mph. I aim for 27-28 mph tops, and im thinking the alltrax xct 48400 with 4 awg cables and 200amp solonoid might be the ticket. However, i was told to contact EMP to get the specific field maps for my motor. Chuck at EMP told me the motor was designed to run up to 25.5 mph on stock controller, however above that or above 6000 rpm will damage the motor. Im only on flat asphalt and rarely carry a passenger. I will be putting 215/40 12 tires on soon. Will the bigger tire size allow me to go faster than 25.5 while keeping the motor below 6000 rpm? EMP isn't getting back to me about the field maps so i'm reaching out to you guys for any info I can get. Thank you!
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax programming 2010 ydre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsoshl View Post
First of all, i apologize for my ignorance and thank you all for your great input. This site is invaluable. I have a 2010 yamaha drive. The cart is stock, with the exception of a high speed motor feom Electrical Motor Products. Witj the motor alone the cart went from 14 to 21mph. I aim for 27-28 mph tops, and im thinking the alltrax xct 48400 with 4 awg cables and 200amp solonoid might be the ticket. However, i was told to contact EMP to get the specific field maps for my motor. Chuck at EMP told me the motor was designed to run up to 25.5 mph on stock controller, however above that or above 6000 rpm will damage the motor. Im only on flat asphalt and rarely carry a passenger. I will be putting 215/40 12 tires on soon. Will the bigger tire size allow me to go faster than 25.5 while keeping the motor below 6000 rpm? EMP isn't getting back to me about the field maps so i'm reaching out to you guys for any info I can get. Thank you!
The tire you posted is 5% taller than stock. It should increase top speed by the same amount or 1.25 mph.
You would need a significantly taller tire to keep rpms the same and reach 27-28 mph. And you should check with the manufacture to know if the motor can handle tall tires as this will increase motor workload and possibly raise the operating temps. Good news is the XCT control has rpm monitoring so you can assure Chuck the motor rpm will stay under whatever limit he wants it set at.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:28 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You could install high speed gears. I have 9:1 gears in my 2012 YDRE. With stock tires I do 25 with the motor at 4600 RPM.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

9:1 gears are 25% taller than stock which would significantly increase the load on the motor. Check with the motor builder to ask if your motor would support such a gearing change.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Well crap. My motor builder has gone ghost and won't respond to emails. Now I'm stuck without the field maps for a controller AND I don't know if I can change the gearing. I'm screwed!
Old 05-27-2016, 11:10 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In their defense this has been the busiest past 2-3 weeks of the year for everybody in the GC industry. They have been swamped with work and now gone fishing. I'm sure they will resurface.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You usually get field maps from the Controller company anyway. Alltrax had field maps for my D&D high torque motor.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'll check it out. Picking up a controller from CU very soon. This was a motor built by Chuck at Electrical Motor Products. The only info I have is stay under 6000 rpm and 25.5. Just trying to get a bit over 25, maybe 27-28 without frying it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha