lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #41
mojo154
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My 93 Hyundai 36V

Had a long last night, thanks for the patience....rarely do I come across some good pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frontera.jpg (53.3 KB, 13 views)
mojo154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #42
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Mo..great project (and for sentimental reasons too). GP, you are a fantastic help on this build. I agree totally about the Jakes kit, it will serve him very well. Guess I should have been clearer in the earlier post...the front of the Huyndai is an exact copy of a G2/G9 Yami, I was concerened about the back, but the upper shock mounts look identical to Yami, but may have to use washers to shim the shock (sorry, I just can't remember). Will be watching this build and learn something new with you guy's excellant posts. Later Dave
thanks for jumping back in smallblock i was thinking it looked the same but wasn't sure. i should have read your first post a little clearer so MO if it was my cart i would say go with a G2/G9 lift kit and you will be all set if you go with the Jake's 6 " a arm lift you will be happy. and don't for get to post lots of pics of this interesting build. if you need any more help ask away.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #43
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo154 View Post
looks like the king pin bolt measurments is 2" center to center. What I'm curious about is the measurments with the other Jakes lifts that are offered and other lifts in genral. You said that this shouldn't matter with what particulaur lift that I have chosen but, I have my eye on a few different lifts (long travel and a few other, thinking long term with possible gas motor swith out when electric componets become too hard to find) and am also very interested in what I can and cannot do. I hope that this thread becomes helpful to others that might be in the same situation as I.
witch ever lift you choose it don't matter i think if you order it for a Yamaha G2/G9 you will be OK with. you may have to change the back lift a little but maybe not. if you do i bet it wouldn't take much at all
Old 02-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #44
mojo154
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Good news today, I have placed an order today for the 6" A-arm lift and will be shipped Monday morning. Building and installation will begin sometime next week and more pics to come soon.....
Old 02-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #45
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo154 View Post
Good news today, I have placed an order today for the 6" A-arm lift and will be shipped Monday morning. Building and installation will begin sometime next week and more pics to come soon.....
that's cool cant wait to see your build pics
Old 02-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #46
Boris
DELETED

Welcome mojo to BGW ..... and to the insanity we call Golf Carts ...... and thanks for the compliment.
You'll find pretty much what you need here, and probably a little of what you don't want ... but its all good. There are some good people in here, and a whole butt-load of ideas from people that have already done what you're thinking about.
As far as I've been able to tell, the Hyundai was the American Motors of the golf cart world. Whoever had some extra parts lying around Hyundai scooped them up and used them. The gas engine was a peice if doo-doo, but that doesn't matter, everybody seems to go to a clone powerplant, or repower with one of the BB's.
You'll find a lot of parts fit without modifications ..... My rear hub/brake set-up has ezgo OEM numbers and the G2-9 6" lift from Jakes slips right under the front, no problem ..... Now the rear? ........ as most other peices, LOL thats a different dog.

How about post a pic of the front of that swingarm where it mounts to the crossmember, and then the axel where it slides into the pumpkin. I'm not sure of the configs, but you might be able to flip the axel-tubes to gain, Oh say 3" when you put the swingarm on top of the axel ........ and all the while use the swingarm pads to bolt it all back together again ...... It worked for me.

Be nice to your cart mojo ...... there aren't that many "original" Hyundai's left.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #47
mojo154
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Talking Re: My 93 Hyundai 36V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Welcome mojo to BGW ..... and to the insanity we call Golf Carts ...... and thanks for the compliment.
You'll find pretty much what you need here, and probably a little of what you don't want ... but its all good. There are some good people in here, and a whole butt-load of ideas from people that have already done what you're thinking about.
As far as I've been able to tell, the Hyundai was the American Motors of the golf cart world. Whoever had some extra parts lying around Hyundai scooped them up and used them. The gas engine was a peice if doo-doo, but that doesn't matter, everybody seems to go to a clone powerplant, or repower with one of the BB's.
You'll find a lot of parts fit without modifications ..... My rear hub/brake set-up has ezgo OEM numbers and the G2-9 6" lift from Jakes slips right under the front, no problem ..... Now the rear? ........ as most other peices, LOL thats a different dog.

How about post a pic of the front of that swingarm where it mounts to the crossmember, and then the axel where it slides into the pumpkin. I'm not sure of the configs, but you might be able to flip the axel-tubes to gain, Oh say 3" when you put the swingarm on top of the axel ........ and all the while use the swingarm pads to bolt it all back together again ...... It worked for me.

Be nice to your cart mojo ...... there aren't that many "original" Hyundai's left.
Yeah, Im starting to notice all of these concerns when dealing with the Hyundai side of things, finding replacment parts and so on. But, thats what they say, "If it were easy then everybody would do it..." Im looking forward to the challenge ahead and and am trying to make decisions that will make it easier in the future with other mods. Boris, I think I remember you having to tackle the problem with the rear suspension(flipping the axle and so forth) and I was trying to find the pictures of how you did this. Havent found the pictures yet and not being very experienced with flipping axles and that side of the mechanics, those pictures would really help. I am going to take some pics in the morning or the rear swingarm and where the axle slides into the diff and hope that you might be able to give some insight on telling me what exactly I am looking at, as I am pretty interested in getting the extra height in the rear. Hopefully as much time as it takes to ship the lift I will be able to shed the body work, clean her up, and take pics along the way, and yes, planning on taking very good care of this original Hyundai as I would hate to see the repercussions from the wifey and her family if I didnt...
Old 02-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #48
Boris
DELETED

This what I'm talking about flipping the axle-tubes.

There are two plugs that hold the tubes into the pumpkin itself ...... by removing those plugs if possible (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) ...... the tube itself is able to rotate 180 degrees placing the swingarm pads onto the top of the axle-tube. Then depending on your swingarm ........ if you swap sides (left to right and visa-versa) the pads will then be on the bottom of the swingarm setup.

You'll probably have to speak with someone that has had a yamaha electric differential apart to see if this is even in the same ballpark. I think it is .... but I did think I was wrong once before ......... I was only mistaken.

Heck, it might be just as easy to cut the pads lose and roll them over to the top-side then weld the boogers back on. .......... Nah... I'd probably just use the first scenario. That way you wouldn't have to worry about cutting anything off of them, and then doing any welding on the axle-tubes. That and if you ever wanted to put it back together like it was, you could just return the pieces to their original positions

Good Luck
Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #49
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Good idea.....but (just asking) what do you really gain? 2 maybe 3 inches? I understood you already purchased a 6" lift? The other problem is the axle tube mount flanges have the lower shock mounts, it would create even more fab work. Not real shure, but some mounts also have the securing point for the brake cables. If i'm on the wrong page...sorry. If it helped ...great. Keep up the great job. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #50
Boris
DELETED

Hey Mojo, I'm not hijacking your thread, just letting you know what I did on mine. You can judge for yourself once you hear all of the pro's and cons of this type of a mod ........ If anybody else has any reasons why NOT to do a modification such as this one, heck, chime in .... I need to hear them too.
Thats why I suggested to get with someone that has this type of a set-up .... or close to it. I thought I understood that a little more ground clearance was wanted.

On my gas Hyundai, flipping the axle-tubes gave me 3+ inches almost immediately and as far as the brake cable securing points. It DOES turn the brake levers backwards, but by swapping backing plates hubs and all (left to right and visa-versa)....... it places the levers at the top of the assembly itself which didn't bother me at all. The cables line up perfectly and she still stops the way it was designed to do .... They are supposed to stop ............ right? As far as the shock mounts a simple flat plate with a tabs bent up will carry the shocks. For me it was an issue of getting the swing-arm where it wasn't underneath the axle-tubes, or hanging down lower than the actual pumpkin assembly itself see post #7 on this thread (center pic)

I don't have any pics of my set-up on here, but I can get some as soon as I get back out to the Mongrel. Maybe tomorrow.

Tags
hyundai
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha