lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2018, 05:08 PM   #21
Rescue1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Am I expecting too much?

For those following along the continuing saga...

I contacted Alltrax today. After swapping the green wire for blue wire, back to the green wire, changing settings in the controller the tech suggested that the throttle sensor is bad. Although it checks good with a meter, it may be failing at 48V.

So I have a new throttle sensor on order. We'll see.

But I'm learning so much.
Rescue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2018, 02:54 PM   #22
Rescue1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Received the new sensor, installed and same results. Another phone call (or two, or three, or...) it is now working as advertised. We ended up changing the wiring to attach the white wire to J4, blue wire to J5, and green wire to B-. It seems this is the fix for the "reversed" throttle sense. I don't know why it did not work with the old sensor.

SO at this point I at least have a functioning cart!!
Old 02-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #23
rib33024

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:42 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In conclusion - what the heck was this all about
Can you sum up the problem and the fix? Here is that throttle curve you asked about.... your toque curve may be different - that's okay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS D&D 502 curve.JPG (70.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #25
Rescue1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok here's the condensed version:

I got a used cart.
Took it all apart.
Put it all back together.
Determined the AXE controller was bad. (underwhelming performance)
Bought a SR48500 controller.
New controller refused to work correctly when wired like published wiring diagram.
Contacted Alltrax. Troubleshot with Alltrax assistance.
Replaced throttle sensor at the suggestion of Alltrax.
New sensor didn't fix problem until wires swapped. (Using blue and white instead of green and white)
Now cart runs 20 mph.

Clear as mud? I'm still not convinced the old sensor was bad, as we had tried wire swap with old sensor. I dunno.

I just reread the whole thread. Yep guess I can be a bit winded. Just tryin' to sound like I know what I'm doin'... lol
Old 03-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #26
gbieber05
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
Received the new sensor, installed and same results. Another phone call (or two, or three, or...) it is now working as advertised. We ended up changing the wiring to attach the white wire to J4, blue wire to J5, and green wire to B-. It seems this is the fix for the "reversed" throttle sense. I don't know why it did not work with the old sensor.

SO at this point I at least have a functioning cart!!
I had this problem this past weekend. I purchased a SR48500 from ScottyB and installed it per Alltrax wiring schematic noticing the conflicting notes on the side with the wiring on the page. The schematic showed the Blue wire of the throttle to wire to the "B-" terminal and the green wire to the controller input but if you read the notes on the side it stated the opposite.

I wired per the diagram and only would have movement when i let off the peddle. So i took out the voltmeter and laptop (watched the throttle input on the software) to realize the blue wire should wire to the controller and the green wire should wire to "B-".

After seeing your post today i went and looked at alltrax website and they have updated the schematic to reflect these changes within the last 72 hrs.
gbieber05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the input. I wonder when we will see this in the manuals !?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha