lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #1
bear2barry
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 01 gas ezgo txt

am a little new at ezgo 295cc robins motor and could someone tell me where I can find this part Cam pulley alignment tool p/n 27851-g01?: its a tool that I'm not sure I need to use but would like to no if I need to get 1 or not. I am rebuilding it cause it smoked and burned oil when running.
bear2barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2018, 04:31 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 01 gas ezgo txt

Think this is all you need for alignment.. http://www.ezgogolfcartguide.com/wp-...t-09.27.05.png

Also if you have a lift kit you can't trust the dip stick reading and some folks over fill with oil which causes smoking. (if that's the case)
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:07 AM   #3
bear2barry
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks post, I didn't think you needed any tool but wasn't sure and for the lift I just put 1 on it . but it smoked before and when I pulled spark plugs 1 was firing good and the other was all oil . thanks
bear2barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:15 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:53 AM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

One very important thing you have to do that people don't know about when rebuilding these with no service manual is you have to prime the oil pump if you don't the motor doesn't last long one way to do it is pack it with grease but I prefer to get it all together and in the cart with everything hooked up pull the valve over and on the flywheel side there's an oil passage in the head put a vacuum over the hole and turn over the motor (with spark plugs out so the motor doesn't start) it won't take long and oil will be shooting out the hole
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO