lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #1
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Default Need advice. 2010 Yamaha ydre g29

I'm new to the golf carts so I'm uneducated concerning them so keep that in mind.
I installed a 6" Mad Jax A-arm lift, 14" wheels and 23 inch tires and rear seat.
The cart had issues with the brushes in the motor from previous owner due to sitting up for long periods without use. I don't use the cart often and recently noticed that it was starting to lunge and eventually stopped. I taped on the motor and it started back going pretty much perfect. After sitting a few weeks it started doing the same and eventually quit again. It has original motor and controller. I would like to replace the motor but not with a Hitachi due to obvious
reasons. I do not need any more speed. The cart is very unstable now and I usually just ease around on it without going fast anyway. It is being used around the place, gravel roads, rural area, etc. Nothing harsh or steep hills. Basically use it in the country, fill up deer feeders, etc. I need to know what motor do I need using stock controller or what motor/controller combination I need without increasing speed due to being dangerous like it is. Trying to stay safe as possible so I'm not worried about wife or daughter using. I didn't realize it would be so unstable with lift and tires. If someone has advice on that issue, it would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Default Re: Need advice. 2010 Yamaha ydre g29

52 views and no advice at all? Anyone with a ydre with 6 inch lift and 23 inch tires that could share there set up and performance? Thanks.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would contact ScottyB (site sponsor) and he will get you all dialed in. I'd certainly recommend an Alltrax controller, because the stock hitachi is junk. Scotty will pair you up with the right Alltrax and will program the correct field map for your application. Sorry I can't be more help. I personally have the Alltrax xct 48400 and a motor from Electrical Motor Products. I'm around 28 mph, and I know you aren't looking for speed but the Alltrax controllers can be dialed down very easily.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:11 PM   #4
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Thank you Unsoshl. I didn't even know controllers were adjustable. I very much appreciate you taking time to help.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:26 PM   #5
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The Alltrax's are. Very user friendly. You can connect it straight to your laptop and adjust throttle curve, RPM's, speed, etc. Scotty is very responsive and won't steer you wrong. Good luck!!
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #6
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Thanks again. I appreciate it and will check into it. Still need some advice on the
cart being tipsy, top heavy. I have aligned and it drives great but get it on uneven ground and it feels like it's going to be bottoms up quick. Wheel spacers?
Old 07-19-2018, 09:34 AM   #7
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Call Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts. He's a site sponsor and get his Riot Kit which is a new heavy duty motor, Alltrax XCT 500,new cables and solenoid. It will turn your cart into a beast
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Thanks LPnTX. I appreciate you taking the time to help. I will do that and the "Beast" part probably just sold me on it. Thanks again.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Just one catch- if your batteries aren't that great, a upgraded motor and controller will quickly reveal that problem. Nothing worse than putting in new hotrod parts, then watch battery voltage fall flat on it's face, with matching miserable performance.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #10
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Thanks cgtech. Batteries about a year old.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha