lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #1
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Gas Cart Wiring Diagrams

I looked in the "stickies" but could not find them. Wiring diagram for a 99 TXT.

I don't know much about EZ-GO or what motor that would be but it is a 2 cylinder. Thanks in advance.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2018, 02:07 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas Cart Wiring Diagrams

Most wiring diagrams from mid ninety's to mid 2000's will be very similar. you have a robin 295cc engine likely pre MCI unless upgraded. What are you trying to find out?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:44 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thank you Cartmaster. This thing has several nonsensical issues that change when I try to troubleshoot it. I will need a diagram to form a somewhat meaningful question before I ask. I can google it, but thought perhaps I was not looking in the right place here for a diagram.

This thing seems as if it is haunted. LOL.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:31 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

so what is happening/not happening then. I know the electrics pretty well, so describe the issues and we will sort it out.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:41 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

OK, This manual is for a 2007 robin engined cart. The wiring is the same, or should be, see page L-2 for the diagram and see how simple it really is. What confuses most people without a diagram is that power goes through the pedal switch before the ignition switch from the solenoid, so it all seems backward when you start looking randomly for power. Basically if you are losing volts somewhere, you start with the fuse, then pedal switch, then igniton switch which then feeds the power down to the small solenoid terminal. once you have that clicking, you can test the high amp circuit for the starter/generator. If it is an ignition problem, then all the tests should be in the manual. but remember, this manual is for the later MCI engine and some parts differ slightly, but not much to worry about. I will see if i can find an earlier tch book for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9-...ew?usp=sharing

Another common fault is the battery fitted the wrong way round and it will seem that everything works but you will not see a spark LOL. Make sure the positive battery terminal is connected to the solenoid and not the ground. As with electric carts, your ground connections must be good at all points or random things will happen.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:03 AM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thank you for your help Cartmaster. I'm a bit tired and going to sleep now.

But, I have to ask: "What manual." What are you telling me to look at?
Old 10-04-2018, 04:06 AM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

just sent you a PM, the link was broken and i just repaired it, i am just about to add a different link.

This is for a 2002, but the only difference will be in the steering so all electrical stuff will be what you need. Its the full technicians manual.

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/man...f?m=1471349422

see same page L-2
Old 10-04-2018, 04:14 AM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

OK. Thank you. I will look at it tomorrow. Thought I was going to have to charter a jet to England to look at your book. Thanks again.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:16 AM   #9
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

you would be most welcome. Its a shame BoB-O is not still around as he could have flown you over. G,night

Tags
gas cart wiring diagrams
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO