lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2020, 09:16 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Lift kit question

I have done just about everything to these Ezgo golf cart but one thing. I never got into installing lift kits.
From what I have read and what people have told me is if I flip the Isomount on rear and put the springs on top of rear axlel instead of the bottom I wold get enough lift for 22 inch tires ?
The cart I bought last year already had this done and the axle tube pins were already ground off.
If that is the case then it shouldn't matter if the lift kit is for an electric cart ? Mine is gas.
I like the drop axle and being my stock spindles are almost new I could just buy the kit without spindles ??
What am I missing on this.
School me on this. 2003 ezgo txt gas
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2020, 10:35 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Lift kit question

Flipping the rear springs to the top of the axle will clear 22's easily.

And using whatever side drop axle in the front should be fine. I dont think any of the drop axle kits come with spindles anyway
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:06 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Flipping the rear springs to the top of the axle will clear 22's easily.

And using whatever side drop axle in the front should be fine. I dont think any of the drop axle kits come with spindles anyway
Many do come with spindles from what I have been seeing, at least I thought I had seen them. You will understand when you get my age
You got any recommendations CP ? on the front axle lift. This cart had a homemade one and it was crap. They ruined the front axle and tie rods. I don't want that again. I want the best for the money. I am cheap as you well know
Old 01-21-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

https://www.steelenggolfcart.com/col...s-2001-5-newer

Cheap and solid.

I've never tried an ezgo lift from steeling but the club car comes I've used have been great. Very solid.

If you need any of the front end parts from a not-DIY-ninja'd catt let me know. I havent scrapped the other 2007 I have yet but plan to later this week. Steering is tight in it and everything looks to be in good shape.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:29 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
https://www.steelenggolfcart.com/col...s-2001-5-newer

Cheap and solid.

I've never tried an ezgo lift from steeling but the club car comes I've used have been great. Very solid.

If you need any of the front end parts from a not-DIY-ninja'd catt let me know. I havent scrapped the other 2007 I have yet but plan to later this week. Steering is tight in it and everything looks to be in good shape.
The springs I just sold were Steeling and they were well made, just too rigid .
I will look at their site and see if I might like it. I don't know yet what else I might need but I will take a look tomorrow if it warms up and let you know.
I am ready to order those 22 inch tires and make this thing get up there lol
Right now I have it lifted with my chain hoist
Old 01-22-2020, 06:08 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I wonder why the pins were ground of the axle? I used to just notch the rubber in the iso mount to sit over them with a box cutter. the rest is really as simple as CP says. Mind you, i used to fabricate my own front axles before they were produced for the later style, by welding a plate on an ST style drop axle for the steering. Also in those days, i used ST spindles as they had the taller steering arms and kept all the geometry in line for the steering.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:22 AM   #7
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

2001.5 and newer ezgo Allsport lifts come with spindles that have taller spindle arms, so you don't have to use the spindle arm extensions, also their lifts eliminate the iso-mounts.... Bite the bullet you will soon forget the extra money.

https://www.allsportsliftkits.com/co...17390950514786
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:48 AM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
2001.5 and newer ezgo Allsport lifts come with spindles that have taller spindle arms, so you don't have to use the spindle arm extensions, also their lifts eliminate the iso-mounts.... Bite the bullet you will soon forget the extra money.

https://www.allsportsliftkits.com/co...17390950514786
Thanks
Old 01-22-2020, 07:02 AM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I wonder why the pins were ground of the axle?

I have no clue. This cart was really rough when I got it last year. Owner and I are friends . He tried to make the lift kit and really missed everything up.

I used to just notch the rubber in the iso mount to sit over them with a box cutter. the rest is really as simple as CP says. Mind you, i used to fabricate my own front axles before they were produced for the later style, by welding a plate on an ST style drop axle for the steering. Also in those days, i used ST spindles as they had the taller steering arms and kept all the geometry in line for the steering.
Not sure that would be easy on these later style axles with rack on top of it. I still got two rack and pinion assemblies for the older style. I really like the on top rack better but on this cart when I got it they made a big mess out of things trying to get it up
Old 01-22-2020, 07:36 AM   #10
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
If I used this one does my rear springs stay on bottom of axle ? or do I move them to top ? Got any suggestions on wheels and tires. I don't really get off road but then again I might. I have just drove some of these carts when I work on them that the tires have too much bite I am in the making of a really nice cart. Rebuilt engine and installed brand new workhorse front cowl with lights, body off and prepped for paint Thanks StoveBolt
On all lifts you move the rear springs to the top of the axle.. wheels? they have to be offset, I like 10" for more sidewall and better ride.. tires? I like the more aggressive tread that don't pickup small stones or mud packed in the tread, like the all terrain tires that are hard to clean also more aggressive tires ride just fine with low pressure 8 or 10 psi. Don't know how much snow you get there close to Mayberry, but all terrain tires are useless once they are packed with snow or mud.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO