lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2020, 07:22 AM   #1
petero
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo gas new coil

15-7-2020 005.jpgHi all. Thought I would share this .Recently my ignition coil failed. I tested the resistance and could not get a reading on the secondary circuit so the coil was done but I thought that I would check the wiring for continuity anyway so I disconnected the small 4 pin connector that comes from the igniter tested the wiring. All good.
Installed the new ignition coil and got no spark. I asked for help and got great advice from TRIG123. I followed his instructions to the letter and repeated it again but all the readings were in reverse to what I should be getting. I was really stuck after pondering this for quite a while i dawned on me that I hand disconnected the 4 pin connector so I checked I had it properly connected it seemed to be but with everything being in reverse I thought I wonder and I turned the connector round and hay presto everything was good.
I know this sounds confusing but basically the four pin connector comes from the igniter this has the wiring from the pick up coil and the ignition coil. If you have this apart do NOT reconnect it so the wires on both sides corispond. If it is correct you should be getting about 11.5 v on the white and very little on the red with the engine spinning and the white is the only one that will light a test light. the plug should be connected so that the red connects to the white.hope this is not to cofusing.
petero is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO