lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2022, 07:32 AM   #1
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2014 EZGO TXT (express? maybe) Wont move

I'm trying to help a friend get his golf cart going. He has a 2014 EZGO basically a TXT but has a different kind of body on it so thinking maybe the txt express?

Anyway he recently put new batteries in it and everything appears to be hooked back up right but if you push the gas pedal it wont go fwd or rev. The reverse buzzer comes on and head lights come on. The lights are wired to batteries and buzzer sounds off whether key is on or not so I'm thinking maybe neither of these are indicators of whats wrong. All the batteries read I believe 8.4 Volts except one and it is like 7.5 volts and even though I think the weak battery needs to be exchanged I would think the golf cart should still go.

I feel like it is one of three things (i had a solenoid i had for my RXV that we hooked up and it did same things, so i think we ruled that out but not certain)

1- a switch in the gas pedal
2- key switch
3- run/tow switch

any ideas based on what I have mentioned above?
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2022, 07:42 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 EZGO TXT (express? maybe) Wont move

Well since it was working fine before the batteries were changed I would be inclined to start with quadruple checking that the batteries are installed properly.

I would then check to make sure the voltage you are getting out of the pack is correct for the cart.

IF all that checks out then I would start working my way towards checking the foot pedal and the solenoid.

With the buzzer going off when its in Rev it sounds like the Fwd/Rev switch is working fine.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:48 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Check voltage because it sounds like a battery might be in backwards. Does it charge when you plug in the charger?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:05 AM   #4
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The pack voltage was about 50.4. My friend said it will charge and green light flashes at receptacle but I have not myself confirmed it. The first thing I checked was voltage to make sure the batteries had enough voltage for charger to come on.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:48 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it 50+ volts the battery arrangement is correct. If the reverse buzzer is sounding then the activation circuit has power. With the key on look for pack voltage at the yellow wire on the small terminal of the solenoid and pack ground. If there the key switch circuit is good. That leaves the foot pedal switch. To check it put it in tow, pull the 16 pin plug and check for continuity between pin 6 and pin 9 with the pedal pushed. Should be none with it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 221AD8CF-8C6A-4EB8-83B5-9FFE3CF93B1A.jpeg (54.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-28-2022, 11:19 PM   #6
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If it 50+ volts the battery arrangement is correct. If the reverse buzzer is sounding then the activation circuit has power. With the key on look for pack voltage at the yellow wire on the small terminal of the solenoid and pack ground. If there the key switch circuit is good. That leaves the foot pedal switch. To check it put it in tow, pull the 16 pin plug and check for continuity between pin 6 and pin 9 with the pedal pushed. Should be none with it up.
With tow switch on and positive lead in 6 and 9 and negative lead on pack negative voltage was 0 whether pushed pedal or not. When tow switch flipped to run one of the two changed from 0 to 52 Volts and the other Stayed 52 volts with or without pressing pedal
Old 09-29-2022, 07:46 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not quite what I meant but you narrowed it down.. Pin 9 is part of the supply voltage for switches. It gets power once it is flipped to Run. Pin 6 is the input from the pedal switch. Either that switch is bad or the wires going to it.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:03 PM   #8
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Not quite what I meant but you narrowed it down.. Pin 9 is part of the supply voltage for switches. It gets power once it is flipped to Run. Pin 6 is the input from the pedal switch. Either that switch is bad or the wires going to it.
So you think the pedal switch is bad or wiring for it? Are the pedal switch and ITS two different things? and both located under floor mat and then under a plate on floor?
Old 09-29-2022, 02:17 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

With the cart in run pin 6 should have pack voltage when the pedal is pushed. ITS is a sensor. Both are in the pedal box underneath the mat and a metal plate behind the go pedal.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:34 AM   #10
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So we finally got the cart to move. I sent my friend 2 parts (pedal switch and its) to replace under the floor mat and once he got those put in the solenoid would click which it wouldnt before. We tried a few other things and then before we decided to quit working on it for the evening I tested the voltage on the pack and it was about 44 volts so then I tested each battery all were 8.5 to 8.6 volts except the one that read 7.4 a week ago and it tested at 0.8 volts then we realized that battery is definitely bad. We went ahead and pulled it out of the pack so he could replace it under warranty. Then for the heck of it we connected the 5 batteries up in series and tried it and the cart moved forward and backwards.

So I think the bad battery and pedal switches were both the cause.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO