lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2023, 09:10 PM   #1
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 93 g9 can it climb hills

Test drove a 93 G9 today with fresh batteries, seemed to run ok. I need it to climb a hill that is kind of steep, maybe a 25 to 30 degree incline for about 50 feet. Am I asking too much from this cart. There were not any hills on the owners property. The plan is to lift and put 20 inch tires on it. Is 1900 to much for this cart?
EZ RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2023, 09:23 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 93 g9 can it climb hills

Big tires are not what you want to climb any hills. You lose lots of torque with larger tires so you need a cart with excess torque to do this.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 09:28 PM   #3
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So even with the stock 18 inch tires it may not work out. My ezgo 2 stroke does it with 22 inch tires but it is slow.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:45 AM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

You would be able to do it with either but it will be a lot cheaper with a lot less modifications on a gas cart.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 07:59 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

THE Yamaha guy is Don Plowman. https://www.plowmanscarts.com/parts_g_289.html This link gets you to his G-2-8-9 Performance upgrade page, but what you really want to do is call Don, tell him what you have and what type of performance you want to get....and he will tell you what you need to spend to get there!!

Don is a great guy to talk to and just knows Yam's.

Also, you can ask Don about the price of $1,900 and he will give you the right response.

Good luck!

Edit: I'm not into gas carts, but his $599 performance package https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1659456608&v=2 may be the way to go with your project.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:15 AM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I own both a gas power g9 as well as an electric G8 which has the same exact drive train as an electric G9 and I can tell you the gas powered cart In stock form has far more power for climbing than an electric cart Of the same era or price range
Old 01-03-2023, 09:33 AM   #7
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The ezgo does well enough, I am just looking for something quiet for hunting purposes. i need the Yamaha to be able to climb that hill in stock form. Slow is fine as long as I can make it to the top. I have read several threads on this forum and still not sure if it will do what I need it to do. I may be wrong on how steep the hill is, may only be 20 degrees. I can get a running start at it, if that would help.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:36 AM   #8
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

So the Yamaha is only 36 volts where many electric golf carts are 48 volts and will have more power in stock form When it's very cold out these carts have even less power because the batteries are struggling a bit
Old 01-03-2023, 09:48 AM   #9
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A newer cart with 48 volts would be the way to go, but those are out of my price range. I am willing to pay 1900 for the 36 volt if it will work, and I know I can upgrade to higher torque motor and higher amp controller, but that gets expensive.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:55 AM   #10
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ RIDER View Post
A newer cart with 48 volts would be the way to go, but those are out of my price range. I am willing to pay 1900 for the 36 volt if it will work, and I know I can upgrade to higher torque motor and higher amp controller, but that gets expensive.
I know you want it to work and be ideal but I just don't see it happening especially with the deer on the back I am in the process of converting my 93G8 to 48 V and already upgraded the controller. If I were in your shoes I would look for some other older brand of electric golf cart that's 48 V just stick with something that's not a really old resistor cart and you might make out OK but others here may have more experience with using a 36 V cart on hills with larger tires.. I lifted mine but went with 20inch tires because you loose like 20% power with 22s

I think if you look long enough you will find something in your price range with more power I only paid $700 for my 93 g8 with a g19 body on it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha