lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin Golf CArt

Does anyone have any information on the Tomberlin Golf Carts on trying to get more speed out of them?
Mr Dills is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: Tomberlin Golf CArt

I did a Google search and found a group of guys who have changed the programming of the GE controller and were getting 30-35 mph out of the tomberlin. Some of the newer Tomberlin's are using a Curtis controller.

It's no longer legal to drive on the street however. A LSV can not have a top speed of over 25 mph. In Texas, at least a NEV can have a top speed of 35mph. Not sure what the difference is.
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

I'm getting mine in a week. I live in the Villages in Florida and its a big retirement community with thousands of golf carts. I know what you are talking about because I have friends that have Gem cars that go 35-40 and are suppose to go only 25. I guess mine will be a Curtis controller. Do you own a Tomberlin and if you do what year? Is it possible to play with the conroller and make it go faster?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Yes, I have a Red 2008 Tomberlin E-2 that I bought 2 months ago. Don't know if I can post a link or not, but here is the thread I saw regarding speeding it up. So far, I love my Tomberlin. We use it in the neighborhood, usually not more than 10-15 miles a day and it does great. Another guy in the neighborhood has a lift kit on his Tomberlin. I haven't been able to ask him where he got it though. I'm looking forward to getting mine lifted in the next year or so (once I figure out who did his!)

http://server1.buggiesunlimited.com/...2d1e4&start=30
Old 11-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
JerryK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 2007 E-Merge 2. Has anyone replaced the Ge controller on their cart with a 500 AMP controller?????
JerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

Just bought a new one myself, do you understand the charging of the cart it seam a little confusing.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dills View Post
Just bought a new one myself, do you understand the charging of the cart it seam a little confusing.
It's pretty simple, just plug it in and wait for the green light. In the manual there is a page on what the different colors of lights mean. Let me know if you can't find it.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

Ya I guess I figured it out, the solid black battery symbol sign has to be green and the curved line has to be amber, never said that in the book.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #9
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

Have you owned you cart since 2007, if so have you had any problems with it?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #10
JerryK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had some front end problems, but were taken care of by dealer.. No other problems
JerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin