lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
2LTScotty
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help on a 1993 EZ Go Freedom for a OLD Butter Bar

My son and I bought a 1993 EZ Go Freedom Golf cart upon my return from Baghdad Iraq. We cleaned it up and I replaced all the batterys and most of the cables. I replaced the solenoid. When doing so I had the Resistor touch the Diode on the solenoid. Well it blew the resistor up faster than a insurgent would fire a rocket into Camp Victory. I went to a guy who repairs them and he told me that it doesn't need those to run. I put a new solenoid on it without the Resistor and Diode and it does not work. Before this process of replace the solenoid we had the cart running for about two days. I was getting a 4-5 second delay when I stepped on the gas pedal. I would mash it and it would take a little while before it would take off. Does anyone out there have any ideas? I am handy but I don't know the first thing about these things and have educated myself along the way. I am frustrated because I had it working and was told by a friend that the solenoid was going bad so I replaced it and now it doesn't work. It worked just fine before I replaced I guess I should have left well enough alone. THANKS

LT Scotty
2LTScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Help on a 1993 EZ Go Freedom for a OLD Butter Bar

Welcome to BGW!

The resistor is not absolutely needed. Did you use a golf cart solenoid or an automotive type....automotive will not work. First thing I would do it check all your connections and make sure everything is right,, its real easy to get something off. Grab a diagram and make sure everything is good.

These should get you pretty close. And here is a Service Manual in PDF format that should help you. Specifically page 63 in the PDF. Its 31 megs so if your on dialup...well you know.
http://www.ransomes-jacobsen.biz/spe...%20English.pdf

If these diagrams don't help you there are more around someone can post. The diagram in the service manual is better.

Non-DCS Wiring

Non-DCS controller

roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
2LTScotty
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got a golf cart solenoid. Is a diaode needed? I will check the connections, later on today.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum 2LTScotty......................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
2LTScotty
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I checked all connections they seem to be tight and good. I got a volt meter and measured everything. The system checks out at 36 volts. When I go from one side of the solenoid to the other I only get 2 volts is that right? Still won't move.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Does the solenoid click at all?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
2LTScotty
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

solenoid sticks. found out it was the forward reverse switch and another switch I think it was the accellarator switch. Going to replace them tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #8
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I hope solenoid clicks, not sticks. That could be dangerous.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
2LTScotty
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It clicks. Sorry about that but I have been working Flood duty here in Iowa and must have been tired when I read it. I ended up replace a switch on the F and R Switch and I also replace a switch up by the throttle control arm. Everything seems to work now. Thanks to everyone for helping out. I will post when the next problem arises.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO