lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
Racn911
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 ds spark issue

I recently bought a 94 ds (not running). I got a chance this week to take a gander at it, and noticed it had no spark. I started running down wires and noticed it had a aftermarket switch (not stock) in it. I got a wiring diagram off the net, and noticed the white, and white with black stripe are not hooked up on this aftermarket switch. Well after a few hours of running more wires, I was just messing around, and while spinning it over with the plug out watching for spark, I bumped the white with black stripe across the red wire, and walla, I had spark at the plug. I have a felling that the problem is not completely fixed, and was wanting any advice I could get. Today I ordered a new CC key switch.
What is that electrical box directly below the head?
Are there any common problems with these fe290 engines?
Thanks
Adam Koch
Aviston Illinois
Racn911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
stinger5
Gone Wild

Default Re: 94 ds spark issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racn911 View Post
I recently bought a 94 ds (not running). I got a chance this week to take a gander at it, and noticed it had no spark. I started running down wires and noticed it had a aftermarket switch (not stock) in it. I got a wiring diagram off the net, and noticed the white, and white with black stripe are not hooked up on this aftermarket switch. Well after a few hours of running more wires, I was just messing around, and while spinning it over with the plug out watching for spark, I bumped the white with black stripe across the red wire, and walla, I had spark at the plug. I have a felling that the problem is not completely fixed, and was wanting any advice I could get. Today I ordered a new CC key switch.
What is that electrical box directly below the head?
Are there any common problems with these fe290 engines?
Thanks
Adam Koch
Aviston Illinois

Rev limiter
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

rpm limitor on the front side and ignitor mounted on rear side...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Racn911
Not Yet Wild

Thanks.
I read a old post with someone who had a similar issue as me.
Took the ground off the rev limiter, and she runs perfect.
Racn911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car