lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
47dodge
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 ezgo wont move

Have a 93 ezgo it stopped working. I put a jumper between the two big posts on the solenoid mashed the throttle and it moved so I replaced the solenoid. Now it is the same if you jump it, the cart will move with the pedal. Don't really know where to go now, batteries are up good connections are clean. Please help
47dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
NoBullBarry
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 93 ezgo wont move

Put volt meter across small posts on solenoid. With pedal depressed you should get battery voltage. If not check reed switch at rear of charge socket. Unplug red wire and you should get battery + voltage on wire coming from socket with - probe on negative battery. If you get nothing, put a jumper from red wire going toward the passenger side of cart to the Positive battery post.
NoBullBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
47dodge
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 ezgo wont move

my ezgo quit and I was checking it out and put a jumper between the two big solenoid post and the cart moved with the throttle. replaced solenoid same thing. I did notice the new one has a small diode between the small posts and another between the large post. the old one does not. if you check the small post they have battery voltage if you put red on volt meter to the post and sepreatly ground it if you check both posts red on one black on the other nothing with throttle down solenoid does not click either.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have a problem in the solenoid activation circuit.

A '93 could be a Marathon or a Medalist, which do you have?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
47dodge
Not Yet Wild

don't know the difference marathon or medalist how do I tell
Old 09-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Looking at the pictures on this site should ID which type: http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
You might luck out and entering the serial number might tell you what it was when it left the factory, but the older records are iffy.

I've got schematics with the solenoid activation circuited highlighted for both types, just don't know which to post.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
47dodge
Not Yet Wild

think its a marathon
Old 09-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Three batteries on each side and the controller, solenoid, throttle pot and F/R switch in the middle.

BTW: The object between the solenoid's large terminals is a resistor (250 Ohm - 10W) and the one between the small terminals is a diode.

The banded end of the diode has to be connected to the small terminal with the positive wire(s) connected to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pot Box cart with KSI traced.JPG (121.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO