lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
Bcollinrogers
Not Yet Wild

Default 1989 Ezgo New Carb leaking gas like the old Carb

Hello, I'm a newbie and have just got into carts. I acquired a 1989 ezgo gasser that I've been doing some work on. I've been following the forum and made some adjustments such as HEI, cooked the muffler, etc.

It backfired some and on longer rides, made me think it was starved of something.... It just didn't seem to run right. After those changes, it ran better. Then on day, it started leaking gas. This was after I added new gas (and oil mix)and some seafoam. I took a look and it seemed to come from the bowl. On the following ride, it began to leak a lot and I hoped I could make it home without gasoline drawers! You should have seen me jump when it backfired!

Anyway, I decided to rip out all of the fuel components and replace them. New fuel lines, carb, fuel filters, gaskets. All except the fuel pump. When I went to take it out the garage, it started leaking gas from the bowl again! A neighbor and I checked it, removed and reseated the bowl, adjusted the air ratio screw, created a tight vacuum, ran with the gas cap off. None of it really had an effect on the dripping of the fuel. It actually dripped more when we increased the vacuum pressure by "sealing" all the gas tank openings. We are at a loss for why this is happening.

Any thoughts before I take it to "The Man"?

Thanks in advance.
Bcollinrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
tdufresne
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 Ezgo New Carb leaking gas like the old Carb

We installed a new BV18 on my 89 Marathon last night trying to solve hard starting issues and the old carburetor leaked badly around the bowl. I was told by a tech that the bowls sometimes crack if they are put on too tight.

The new carburetor was installed and how I have a different problem - the carburetor is now spitting fuel out of the air jet "pin" on top of the carburetor. I am trying to find information on the correct settings for the needle and jet valves, no luck so far. Good Luck.
tdufresne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1989, carb, ezgo gas, leaking
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO