lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
bjjonson8
Not Yet Wild

Default 84 EZ-GO extra battery.

I just bought an 84 EZ-GO 36v. I got It home and the first thing I want to do is get it a radio. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a place to put an extra battery so I am not using power for the motor.
bjjonson8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
83liftedezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 EZ-GO extra battery.

You could get a voltage reducer and wire it that way or put the extra battery in the bag well on the back. If you use a single battery you will have to charge it separately but the voltage reducer pulls from the battery pack and would just charge it with the cart charger I don't think you'll notice a power difference
83liftedezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
bjjonson8
Not Yet Wild

I don't want to reduce the run time on a charge that is why I was thinking a separate battery for the radio. I also believe that I can build a mount for it to hang above the differential. Also I don't want it in the bag well because it will get used for golfing.
bjjonson8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you consider the fact that with an upgraded controller, you could pull 500 + amps from your pack, a radio will pull orders of magnitude less. The batteries will never "feel" the difference between a ten mile ride and an eleven mile ride.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO