lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2015, 04:46 PM   #1
goldwinger
Gone Wild

Default Tire and wheel size

I am installing a 5 inch lift kit on my 2000 EZGO TXT electric cart and I would like to know that size wheels and tires to put on it...I going to but steel wheels high dollars wheels are to much....can anyone help me
I will be only driving on grass or pavement not hills or off road stuff
goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tire and wheel size

Many of the Japanese cars have the same bolt pattern as the EZGO golf carts. Mazda, Nissan and Toyota have all built cars with good looking aluminum wheels that can be found in the local junk yard.
Going with say a 235 or 245/50 tire in either 13 or 14 inch rim will give a total tire/wheel height of between 22.5 and 24.0 inches. The stock suspension can handle about 20 inches. So your lift will give you plenty of clearance. Just remember you will probably need spacers for most normal offset wheels. They will push the wheel/tire to the outside by the amount of the spacer installed.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO