lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2018, 11:42 AM   #1
Jackofall
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 Motor mount

G2 motor swap to duromax 16 hp. I know Vegas carts sells the motor mount for clones. How do you guys make your own? Out of metal or wood? I honestly don't have the money to spend on it right now. That is all that is holding me up. Air conditioner in the house was a little more important.
Jackofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Motor mount

Acquire a piece of steel 3/16-1/4" --- setup your bolt pattern and start drilling holes so they can be ground clean to form sliders to adjust the side to side placement and move the engine to adjust the belt.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Jackofall
Not Yet Wild

Thank you.
Jackofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:17 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...-clone-bb.html

Note the stock mounts fall over when you pull the engine, you have to stand them back up and then I welded the bars on. I put a small angle on the end of the rear to make it wider. Also made a solid tension bolt to replace the cable, with a rubber washer on it. The front crosstube drops the front to level the engine with the lift. I did notch the foot just a little to clear the shift shaft, it hit the trans there moving around on the rubber mounts. Was able to use stock belt. Later changed clutch on that cart and had to move it and use different belt, but first clone I did still working fine stock clutch and belt.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:05 AM   #5
dacheedah
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I had a piece of 1/4 " steel that I took to a shop and had them bend it and throw on a plasma cutter for the bolt holes, I dropped to level the motor after a lift. I also have a vegas carts kit, its not rocket science just what you want to do with your time and money.
dacheedah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clone, mount
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!