lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2021, 10:06 PM   #1
Restorationman
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G1 issues

Can't seem to get my g1 firing. I did find out that previous owner took the charging coil completely out. So, from the engine, I have 3 total wires connecting to the harness. 1 black, 1 w/g & 1w/r. Is there any way to omit the charging coil system and get this thing firing?
Restorationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2021, 08:03 AM   #2
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 issues

I’m thinking you’re not going to get a firing pulse from the magneto to the CDI. Starting at the beginning… what year is the cart? There is a slight difference in wiring for the G1A3s.
Here’s a schematic for most models:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A9D7AB20-5015-4B02-AAF2-B6551F472178.jpeg (141.2 KB, 0 views)
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorationman View Post
Can't seem to get my g1 firing. I did find out that previous owner took the charging coil completely out. So, from the engine, I have 3 total wires connecting to the harness. 1 black, 1 w/g & 1w/r. Is there any way to omit the charging coil system and get this thing firing?
What do you mean took the charge coil out? Charging on the G1 is from the starter generator. There's 2 coils that's part of the stator one is a pulsar coil the a source coil both for the ignition system
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha