lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Default Extra Battery

What kind, size extra battery will fit in the Emerge? I have a E4 so I have some room under the front seat too. Any ideas? or other thoughts? (will use it to power radio, lights and other crap) Thanks much!!
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Extra Battery

For little more than the price of a deep cycle battery and never mind the hassle of charging it,you can but a voltage reducer on.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Hey Tim- You have a 12v source on the dash. What's wrong with using that?
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

I think the 12v on the dash is switched on/off with the key so the alarm wouldn't work. I know I could use a voltage reducer or just take power off of one battery, but I would like to keep all the power for the cart in one set and run the lights, alarm, radio, off another source. I figure if I use a battery minder that is low amperage and connect it directly to the power cord that is going to the cart charger, it is a simple one plug operation, just like now. The accessories will not consume that much power, and with the huge reserve that the one battery would have, it wouldn't matter if it was a very slow charge. I know that the cart pulls 15 amps when first plugged in so can't have much draw on anything else on that circuit. Fire away with thoughts please.
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You could use one of those jumper pac for cars, they have a stout little gel cell in them but I don't know about the lights(head lights?)
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin