lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
no-limit
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default 62? cushman truckster

Just wondering if anyone of you nice gentlemen could give me a rough guess on the value of my cushman truckster,according to serial numbers and parts i bought its a 62 or around there.....so a couple questions,
1. rough value?
2.What would you pay?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0814031647 (1).jpg (221.4 KB, 0 views)
no-limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
no-limit
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Cool Re: 62? cushman truckster

noone? its just a guess guys anything will help me at this point.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: 62? cushman truckster

Can you post more pictures? Include the engine compartment. We need to see it's overall condition and only one view just isn't going to do it.. With only the one view it's very difficult to put a price on it. What engine does it have? Has it been rebuilt recently or is it new? Are the tires new or recent? All of these details, and more, significantly affect the price.

Also, manyBGW members don't look here very often. It may be several days before you get the replies that you need.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
no-limit
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Smile Re: 62? cushman truckster

Motor is original but is a good runner . it is the 20hp omc with the plugs on the bottom of the heads.also new plugs and points,have put a diff trans in it this one is alot better,also new ring gear in the rear axle,tires are recent.thanks for any help

ill give the post some time to simmer and check back in 2-3 days.

wanted to put a motor in it someday 1500$ for the new omc,but i figured it isant broke so dont fix it.

serial number on the motor is ,161122 does this tell us the year at all?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0821031833a.jpg (238.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0821031834.jpg (178.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0821031836.jpg (128.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg downsized_0821031833.jpg (172.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

I wish I could help more, but most of my experience is with the 80's trucksters.

Your truckster looks to be in great condition. The aluminum diamond plate really brightens it up. Did you restore it and add this?

If it's an OMC engine and the spark plugs are below the center of the cylinders it's an 18 hp engine. They made 2 versions of these engines The 22 hp looks identical but the spark plugs are mounted above the center of the cylinders. There was never a 20 hp OMC engine from what I've learned about them.

If you can find the model number of the truckster, the first 2 digits after the dash should be the year of manufacture ie. 868767-8310 would be a 1983 truckster.

Member "Unforgiven" may be able to give you a goof idea of it's value, but in good appearance and running condition any of these older trucksters seem to be listed for $2-3000 or more and and are worth it and more, in my opinion, if they have been professionally restored.

Charley
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
no-limit
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Not a professional restore but Ive done a ton of work to it yes,if i had the new motor maybe then a better attempt at a restore and thank you it has been a fun little toy and project,i must have misspoke i knew it was an 18 hp was just thinking 20,ive looked and looked on the frame for a model number and haven't found anything i mean nothing,took the tires back off tonight to check again and there is nothing on either side of the frame all the way to the motor no numbers stamped in the rail(i thought was a little strange) only serial number plate is on the motor ((161122)) . Im thinking someone removed the other plate.

my prob is i cant find any pictures or info on this "kind" of truckster,lots of info on the motor but not too sure what i really have my best guess based on the spark plugs is 61-64.

the number i had in my head was 1800 because theirs no garentee on the motor how long it will last or how much it has been ran already,all i know is after a severe tune up and a few parts i take off in this truckster and go miles from home on and offroad

ive owned it for 4 years maybe and never really knew what i have you know...... now thinking of selling it its really bothering me now :)
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
no-limit
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

http://www.flickr.com/photos/d70w7/7629967280/
This looks really close to me maybe im missing the top of the cab
pic says 1964
Old 08-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

On my truckster (1987) there is a riveted on metal plate to the left and below the steering wheel that contains the complete model and VIN numbers.

The picture that you attached looks very close to your truckster. Cushman offered the trucksters both with and without the roof/windshields (upper half of cab). The roof was an option, and they kept the same body design for years without changing it's appearance significantly. They seem to have offered the basic truckster and then installed many options depending on the customer's needs.

I think you have the right approximate age, and I don't know how to refine it any closer without the complete model number. Another place that you might find the model number is just above the left front wheel (on mine it's stamped into the wide black bumper above the left front wheel). It's a 6 digit number, but it's only the model number without the dash and date code. They made the same model for several years ( in my case about 14 years) without changing it's appearance significantly. The same 6 digit number is also supposed to be stamped in several other places on the frame, but this is the only location that I've found it so far. The only place that has the full number including the dash and the date code is on the metal plate to the left of the steering wheel.

If you can find the number any place, Direct Parts (www.directparts.com) may be able to tell you what years that model was manufactured. Direct Parts bought many of the stocked parts from Cushman when the Cushman plant was closed. The motor number may be of help to them too. They might also be able to do this from your pictures, but I'm quite certain that their reply will only be the time period of manufacture and not a specific year.

If you are interested, you can find pictures and a story about my truckster here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-g...ed-forest.html

I'm a bit surprised that no one else has responded to your post, but keep in mind that Cushman Trucksters are a minority here. Most posters have golf carts and not golf cart sized industrial vehicles.

Please take a moment and go to "User CP" in the heading at the top of your screen and edit your profile. You don't need to provide your complete address, but you may be just around the corner or across town from someone who can provide help.

Charley
Old 08-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
no-limit
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Ahhhh nice truckster you have there we had one similar awhile back but it was a 3 wheeler but looked the same as yours,Ill do some more digging and staring at the frame to find a model number,but im thinking that the official plate has been removed i would have found it by now....

like i said ill let the post "simmer"
and see who shows up but im feeling better saying 1962 truckster.

Thanks for your interest and help, ill post again if i find any usefull information.also have a few emails out with no reply atm

Atleast i know if i see this windshield piece laying somewhere ill be grabbing that haha

thanks again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts