lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
longhorngolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 82 2 stroke starting issues

Im working on a 1982 2 stroke ez-go. I've repalced the seloniod and the limit switch.

Here's my problem. When you push down the gas pedal the cart will not start. If I take a wire and jump both big post of the seloniod the cart will start and will stay running until you let the motor completly die.( it is a new seloniod and seems to be opening and closing when i check it with a dvm). Any suggestions on what it could be?
longhorngolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 82 2 stroke starting issues

It sounds like the wrong solenoid,defective solenoid,or a wiring issue.Did you buy a Constant-Duty solenoid,or a Starter-Solenoid for a car/truck?With a DVM or test lite,see if you get power on one small terminal when the pedal is pressed,thats' good.Now test from the other small terminal to ground,hook the test-lite or meter to + and touch the terminal,it should show a ground.If both test ok,your solenoid is faulty.If so,get a Snow-Plow or Lift-Gate Solenoid.They work good and last a long time.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
longhorngolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes I went to the auto parts store and bought a truck seloniod. Im thinking the problem has to be in the seloniod. Ive ordered the correct one from nivel, it will be here thursday and then when shall she. Thanks for the reply.
longhorngolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Starter-Solenoids are Intermittent-Duty,they usually only last a few hours on a cart.They use Constant-Duty units on carts.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

pachanga, i've also got an 82 and am having trouble getting it to run when pressing the gas pedal (doesnt do anything when pressed). I checked the solenoid as you described above (with a multi meter) and i got 12v on both small terminals when I pressed the gas pedal. Is it supposed to show on both terminals? Ive got other questions but one at a time... :)
SouthCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO