lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #11
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power

He said in the OP that the engine is not revving up. Which led me to think it was bogging down and stuck in a higher ratio.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #12
wish2fish
Gone Wild

hope you understand that I'm not questioning. just trying to learn more.

so the engine doesn't have the power to push so it actually slows (or bogs) down?
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #13
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

No not at all, its cool. I think the problem is this.....

On flat ground, the primary is operating correctly but the driven clutch was stuck in a slightly open position which would equate to trying to start off in your 3 speed chevy truck in 3rd gear. Remember, as the primary closes it draws the belt into the driven which changes the gear ratio. The spring pressure of the driven wants to close it and draw the belt back towards its outer radius. If it sticks open it can't do that. This also depends on the belt being the proper width. As the belt wears on the sides the clutches can't grab it as effectively, which is also why a new belt will be very "grabby" until it breaks in. Anyway, hopefully he gets it figured out.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #14
fowler
Not Yet Wild

Sorry guys for not posting back been sick. It is doing exactly like sccowboy said so I started to take the rear driven clutch off today and I busted it pulling it off so I have good excuse to buy new one . This cart has lift and 23 on it I want the most pulling power I can get out of it . Do I go with 28 clutch and what brand and where to get it for best price. Also would you recommend changing the drive clutch also. I have just put a smaller belt on it also. By the way it is a 1999 ez go. Thanks
fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #15
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Go with the 28 clutch for sure which you can look through the site sponsors first and if no luck google it. As far as replacing the drive clutch, I wouldn't necessarily do it unless its giving you trouble. As long as the sheave faces don't have a ton of wear you'll be ok.

Read this thread:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...en-clutch.html

It will give you more insight to the shorter belt theory.

Good Luck and please post up some pics of your ride.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO