lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #11
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha g9 predator vtwin conversion

we have installed 18 vee twin briggs in dozens of these carts,if you want more power speed and torque the twin is the way to go.the speed is controled by rpm but a vee twin briggs will run 4500 all day long and 5500 with some valve train mods. the trick is useing the power that you make i have a 18 hp club car that runs 62 mph in a 1/8 mile and never goes over 4400 rpm and its been running for 7 years with nothing but gas and oil chages. the old saying speed cost money how fast do you want to go?
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartpartsplusman View Post
we have installed 18 vee twin briggs in dozens of these carts,if you want more power speed and torque the twin is the way to go.the speed is controled by rpm but a vee twin briggs will run 4500 all day long and 5500 with some valve train mods. the trick is useing the power that you make i have a 18 hp club car that runs 62 mph in a 1/8 mile and never goes over 4400 rpm and its been running for 7 years with nothing but gas and oil chages. the old saying speed cost money how fast do you want to go?
This is a good point, and I definitely wasn't referring to the Briggs twins - I've been in a cart with a built Briggs and it completely blew me away (as did the first "Big Block" I was ever in which had a more-or-less stock Briggs) ... I'm strictly referring to the HF Predator, which doesn't really have the available support and upgrade parts that are available for the BS Twins. If You can afford the Briggs, I would definitely go that route, then with some more money and time You could definitely have the best of BOTH Worlds - Like I said, it's a difficult decision, it all depends on the "3 W's" - Your WALLET, Your WILL to jump into whatever level of project You decide on, and of course Your WIFE, who may or may not agree with ANY decision You think You've made, LOL.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #13
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I only have two Ws.... I'm a 1/3 there... haha
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #14
jmontes
Getting Wild
Yamaha

For me it was simple. The 670 was cheap. Time will tell. Good thing is with the modifications to the swing arm I have done, I will be able to fit almost anything else under the cowl if this doesn't work out.

As for the 3 W's... Just find one that enjoys horsepower, speed, and fabrication as much as you.
jmontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #15
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jmontes is your cart lifted?
So you did have to drop the swingarm engine cradle for it to fit or you dropped it for more room but would fit even if you don't drop the swing arm?
Old 02-03-2017, 10:42 PM   #16
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

25 + HP , 6000 + rpms , proven results, step by step installation guide for most carts , tons of cheap replacement parts and speed equipment , engines assembled by usa staff AND $600 delivered to your door = Vegascarts Speed doesn't cost much more money than a so so rebuilt stocker.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:25 AM   #17
supra4life28
Getting Wild

I don't see anyone getting 30 mph out of a governed predator in a G9 unless you have high speed gears.

I went with a Vanguard swap this past winter
supra4life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:19 AM   #18
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah you right, closer to 20
Old 02-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I had a stock G9 no governor did 28gps, 31 on pavement and a long run to hit that. This all on 22 tires but they are a round atv tire that rides more on the center on hard surfaces and measures 23 tall. Put a stock 420 clone in and it will run about 4400 no governor floating valves and that is 31gps. Like 4 year ago and its still going just fine with daily use in summer, though they don't scream it all the time either. Put another clone in and rockers, springs, timing key, ported cut head, 1.3 rockers, etc but stock cam/block, it has seen 38gps on the road, same tires and stock gears. Going to put a rod and cam in it now but speed is not really my goal 38 is fast enough on a lifted but stock based suspension, and I really don't have anywhere to ride it that fast and trails are too rough for those speeds. Last I saw was 5200rpm on my cheap tach and it freaked out at high rpm, so something like that at 38gps. So I think if you took the governor off or adjusted it to over 4K you would be close to 30mph in a G9 with 22s, maybe less with low profile 22s. You can also have plowmans work your clutches for more gearing to get some speed, you can put HS gears in and get 10mph just like that. I put HS gears in a 100% stock club car it hit 28gps after I adjusted the governor until it hit the rev limit at top speed, with the old '93 flathead motor. So you should be near 40 with 22s and HS gears with a 22hp predator.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:50 PM   #20
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

So with a stock 13hp or 22hp clone at governed should be what rpm?
With gov removed what they usually rev to, safely?
By using the speed calculator the speeds are off it seems but it's just a rough estimate tool.

I think 28 mph is pretty quick or good enough for me with 12-1 stock gears and 22/23" tall tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha