lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2017, 09:23 PM   #1
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Need help with what hitch

Have a 03 g22 with 6 inch lift and a back seat. I see you can get a drop hitch that bolts to the frame and also a back seat hitch. Which one do I get to haul a small yard trailer? And can you get those with a drop receiver? Way too high for a hitch without a drop.
dchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need help with what hitch

I need one for my g29 but may do front and rear
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:39 AM   #3
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I have a front hitch on my Jakes long travel lift but trying to figure out best way to put one on the back with a back seat. Is the back seat step it mounts to sturdy enough?
Old 03-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

A friend of mine has a 2012 G29 conciser and he has a trailer large enough to haul the cart to the coast every summer. When he gets there he changes the highway tires to golf cart wheels to match his cart, he uses the trailer for hauling things to the beach. He installed a hitch to the rear seat but it wasn't strong enough as it was to carry the weight. What he figured out was because the rear seat assemble was bolted together it flexes at the connections. He welded all of the junctions solid and it has been working great.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have pics of the front hitch setup and is it strong?
I think all rear hitches that mount to the rear floor can be weak...
Might have to do as limited said that his friend did
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Well I have also seen drop hitches that bolt to the Fram underneath the rear seat step. Now it is not for a ball but a pin hitch. I'd like a ball but my yard trailer is a pin hitch
Old 03-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #7
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I had a leftover class 1 receiver hitch from a previous vehicle, I mounted it to the rear of my lawn tractor. I also have a garden dump trailer that originally came with the pin setup to hook up to the tractor. I mounted an inexpensive 2" ball coupler on the tongue of the trailer. Now I can easily hitch up the lawn trailer and also used the tractor to move around other utility trailers around the yard.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...=trailer+hitch
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It depends, cart only weighs 600 and with stock power it cant pull too hard on a trailer....but some of those seats are thin frames not at all made to hold a hitch. You could run a tube out from the cart frame. I made a simple hitch for mine and have abused it with clone power hauling all kinds of stuff including many automotive trailers. It also takes a pin for lawn use. So far worked great for many years, its just plate and angle ears up to the cart frame to hold it up, couple bolts in it. Maybe 3/8 plate? I bent that square stock it was laying around, use it for a tie down or tow strap. Yes I had a welder handy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oct 2010 021.jpg (190.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Oct 2010 008.jpg (104.1 KB, 0 views)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha