lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #11
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 exhaust ideas

Do a search for the premix rate, it's between 150 - 300 to 1 and more oil equals more stink and plug fouling. Use a better brand of oil I hear good things about the Yamaha 2 stroke oil.
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Penns synthetic outboard oil is really good too. The synthetic based oils do burn cleaner.

I like the injection and sure I think its much better than mixing for a G1. Problem is I can't tell you when or if the injection will fail. If I had one I would think about rebuilding it. When I ran G1 they were not that old and never failed, still not got around to getting another.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:51 PM   #13
Tom's Toy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Just got a G1 about a month ago. Read on here about different ratios. Ended up going with 100/1 my oil injector is still working,so the mix is richer then that. Didn't want to take the chance of it quitting,and messing up the engine. With me riding I don't smell anything and don't see any smoke.
Tom's Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:51 AM   #14
mike w
Not Yet Wild

Last night I added oil to the injection tank. Lucas semi synthetic. Pulled the Drive belt and ran the cart. I had the hose from the pump in a mixing container Ran the cart for awhile and didn't get any oil out of the hose on the pump. How would you go about priming the pump? If I can't get the pump to work. I'm going to drain the gas tank and remix the gas to a lower ratio. Thanks mike
mike w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:02 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You have to pressurize the hose to the exhaust with a vacuum pump IIRC not sure, and the oil flows really slow anyway. I don't have a manual handy it tells how to do it, but imagine it would blow the air out at some point if you ran mix for a while. Like was said if tank of oil lasts ten tanks of fuel, that is not much oil coming out.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #16
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I posted a manual for the G1 in the workshop section. Its an attachment in PDF form.

mike
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:20 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Thanks for the manual! It says 150:1 at full power and down to 300:1 at low throttle. I can't find the part about bleeding it with a quick scan I'll look later. IIRC you put pressure on the exhaust hose to simulate WOT and run it until oil is out, but of course run premix for a while and when you are doing this.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #18
mike w
Not Yet Wild

Pumped out all of the gas today. I pressurized the hose on the exhaust. Didn't see any oil coming out of the line. I then looked on line and found a ratio for 150-1. My ratio rite only goes to 70-1. 150-1 equals .85 oz I filled a gallon jug with gas and found that 6 tsp equal 1 oz. I mixed 2 gallons and drove the cart around. No smoke!!! I checked the line for the injection pump and there's oil there so the pump is working. I just have to decide if I want to hook it back up. Thanks for all of the help.
mike w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:35 PM   #19
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I any many others would recommend premix...... It's not a matter of if but when that 30ish year old injection pump will stop working and when it does you'll have locked up motor
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:22 AM   #20
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Premix never fails
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha