lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Big Block Swap Issues

There are a couple long threads in the clones section about exhausts and mufflers, check them out. Its not always easy to get them quiet, I mean you can get them reasonable like lawn equipment or quieter atv, but hard to get them like a stock cart. I use a car muffler and its better than most atv, about loud as a lawnmower. It is very quiet at 1/4 throttle and less.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksel1 View Post
Seen you have the hush power 7501 muffler? Is it worth the purchase? I thought the Vegas header and the Stanley muffler sounded good for a few days but good lord is it annoying. Thinking I need to explore other options. And after much searching. I don't even see any available.!! Any other options??
If my hushpower were to go bad I would try the kolpin stealth 2.0. This has been my recommendation for a while , but as far as I know nobody has tried it. In seen yesterday walmart online had one left at $130. P.S. Still there this a.m.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:39 AM   #13
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
If my hushpower were to go bad I would try the kolpin stealth 2.0. This has been my recommendation for a while , but as far as I know nobody has tried it. In seen yesterday walmart online had one left at $130. P.S. Still there this a.m.

A. It fits in with my cart.
B. It looks badass and if it's any quieter than than this vc muffler it's worth it. And finally got it running good. I can advance timing with their adjustable plate from vc any ideas on timing degree?
Nicksel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:40 AM   #14
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

image.jpg
Old 06-28-2017, 12:44 AM   #15
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

image.jpg

And last thing. I replaced the rockers on my g29. Btw the way eBay and other vendors want upwards of 90$ for the pair. Partzilla has the for 37$ shipped for the pair. But I'm having issues with the front setting right with the front body? Does anyone have a g29 they can look at. I've tried all 3 options so to speak on how line the body, frame tab and rocker panel tab.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #16
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Kolpin stealth 2.0 is ordered and will be here Friday waiting on my when I get back from vacation and I'll hope to have it installed before dark. I'm
Hoping the outlet size of the header will be close to the inlet of the koplin. I haven't seen any info on that size yet.

Update that. Found the owners manual. Looks like a ton of mounting options.

https://www.kolpin.com/media/manual/...20Rev.%203.pdf
Old 06-30-2017, 02:17 PM   #17
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post

Just an initial report. After talking off the stock VC muffler and just holding it on not clamped with the koplin there is no audible difference in sound. Per the instructions I might have to figure out how to use the koplin in line with the stock muffler. Would be ugly af but we'll see
Old 07-01-2017, 07:15 AM   #18
HBR
Gone Wild

Before you start trying to double up the mufflers, I would experiment with adding a tail pipe.

I am using a Walker 22229 on my G29 clone. I started it for the first time with the muffler only. It wasnt bad but definitely louder than a stock cart. I didnt have room for a muffler in the back of the cart so it is mounted up front. I then added a ~ 2.5 foot tail pile to get the exhaust out the back.

I was pleasantly surprised when I started it up again. There is now more noise coming from the engine than the exhaust.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Car mufflers benefit a lot from tailpipes. You can look in and see part of the muffler internals usually, often to the other end. That part you basically lose out on if you don't use a tailpipe. It needs it to 'close up' that last section of muffler. If its a reverse flow that is 1/3 of the muffler and you are losing a good portion of it if it is open like that. Mine is quiet as stock at low throttle maybe up to 1/4 throttle but that does not get you going very fast. Above that it barks a little but still mostly like a large lawn equipment volume for the most part and less than most atv/utv. It seems to sound like an atv when you are close or on it, but it gets over 20' away and it is not that loud at all. I had other people floor it away from me and was amazed how fast the sound dissipates with distance.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha