lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2017, 09:19 PM   #11
Cavemandrew
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 at a farm sale

That one was missing a wheel,carb,push rod and parts I didn't know it came with. Was setting in a sticker bush. Spent 10min so I could pull it out. Little work and little $ I think it's better than a Atv.haha
Cavemandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yeah, carts generally ride better, rated to easily carry 2 people (try putting 2 larger people on a quad, all you get is a funny photo op), and can be quite a bit cheaper if you find a deal to start with.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:59 PM   #13
Tom's Toy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sorry been gone all night. How can you tell a G2 from a G9 ? It is an estate sale so I guess someone is settling up the estate. Around here most of the farmers and rural folks have side by sides. Just like if you have cows you have to have a dually truck with a bale bed. So I don't see much interest in the cart. All the golfers which there are not that many want newer carts.

It looks like it was backed into the old barn and has just set for 10 years. Everything on the place is old. Really not anything to draw a crowd, just junk dealers.

One other question, I have a G1, will the key fit this one also?

I was thinking in the $200-300 range. Am I thinking to cheap? Only think I saw wrong in my ten minute look see was the busted right fender. No one was around so didn't stay long.
Tom's Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:31 AM   #14
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

200 is a good starting point , the G2's have a white steering wheel and column and a aluminum trim around the cowl all the way to the floor.. G9 in your pics has black rubber trim on the top cowl,a black steering wheel and column.
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:48 AM   #15
marks141
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The front plastic isn't looking good either, someone hit that good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marks141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:06 AM   #16
jdavila99999
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Can't see your pic Cavemandrew

jdavila99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #17
JeremyA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

What size tires are those, if you don't mind me asking...Whoops that was meant for cavemandrew
JeremyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #18
Tom's Toy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Going to the sale tomorrow. Wish me luck. Will report back one way or another.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #19
Tom's Toy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well went to the sale and I am not the proud owner. It sold for 460. The bidding started at 100 and went right up to 400. That was more then I thought it was worth, but I bid to 450. The other bidder would bid right back with no hesitation,no telling where he would have stopped. I looked it over before bidding the primary clutch was shot it wobbled up and down and there was a big dent in the cover where looked like something tried to get out. They did find the key and tried to jump it. It did turn over. But with the clutch and the front fender busted up. You could get 1000 bucks in it, and you still don't know about what it would take to make the engine running. If I had not had my G1 I might have bid more. But with the finances Really don't have that that much to blow. I could have bought a running G2 this spring for 1700 in pretty good shape. I am a farmer and had to get a new radiator for one of my tractors this week,which was 550 so you never know what kind of expense you might have. Well maybe I might find a bargain next time. Seems like everything else was going cheap or not to high. They sold a 8n ford tractor which looked pretty good with new back tires for 1000 bucks.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #20
marks141
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Dent in that cover could be one of the weights that broke off, you could probably fix it all up, they sell a kit for it.

marks141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha