lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #1
River rat86
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 belt # ?

I have a Yamaha g9 that I am fixing up and needing a drive belt. The belt I have now is a little worn and riding a little low is the secondary clutch. I am have trouble climbing hills . Was wondering if any of u guys had a part number for a belt that I could get from a auto parts store and maybe a touch wider thanks Justin
River rat86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 belt # ?

Auto parts store golf cart drive belt = probably inferior, thinner . My experience has convinced me not to offer anything other than OEM belts. Any thing else I offer has to be a significant upgrade from the OEM belt, and I always avoid "stock style" aftermarket belts because they aren't as good as a OEM.

Here's the part numbers you should be looking for. sorry, you won't find either of these in a auto parts store, but it's numbers you can use for cross reference.

J55-G6241. (Yamaha part)
-OR-
DBYAJ57H. (Gboost part)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
River rat86
Not Yet Wild

Are plowmans belt wider to take up any worn space on the secondary? Thanks justin
River rat86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by River rat86 View Post
Are plowmans belt wider to take up any worn space on the secondary? Thanks justin
No. If the sheaves are worn, then it's time to upgrade. Plowmans has a nice secondary kit Highly recommended.

http://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts.c...1489772485&v=2
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:05 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

1 1/4 wide belt, but I don't know what size or if you can get the same length as stock. The one that would work great is the gboost kevlar double cog but its like $50 when I got one from CPP. It worked awesome and I'm not kidding, and they don't wear out. Remember worn clutches eventually wear through and also do not shift right. Stock is 1 3/16 wide. You can run them to 1" on a stock cart per yamaha, but if its lifted or you climb hills performance will deteriorate before you get to 1". The gboost kevlar is 1 1/4. You can also get a cut secondary sheave from CPP its a nice heavy one, that will help with hills or towing. Some sheaves are light and cheap so check before buying. I ran those two and a umax spring it was great setup on stock engine and great on a 420 clone. Eventually I had to move the motor because I put a different clutch on and now use a different belt. I do think a 1.25 wide belt the same length would work better on a worn clutch, even if it was a normal belt, but G9 size is not 1.25 wide you would have to search one up.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha