lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #11
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G1 hesitates and won't pull.

100 is kinda low. You may want to check your piston / rings.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #12
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

if its an 82 100 psi is ok. check the serial number to see if its a J17.
On my 82 engine even the intake boot is marked with J17

how are the engine mounts? they can cause some rattling if bad.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #13
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thx fellas for the input, much valued....I am unsure of the year as number on chassis right rear wheel is not listed that I can find...I am away at the moment but will post here when I get back home....
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #14
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffo002 View Post
Thx fellas for the input, much valued....I am unsure of the year as number on chassis right rear wheel is not listed that I can find...I am away at the moment but will post here when I get back home....
its stamped on the case near the carb close to the fan shroud on the rounded part of the case close to where the fan shroud mounts
Old 08-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #15
JerEazy
Getting Wild

So, I’m posting because I want to subscribe and see what hapoenes

But also, the manual I have says that the pitot screw should be out 1 turn from lightly seated. Not 1.5.

1/8 adjustments as needed. But an extra half a turn out may be a bit much.

Also, i know some run on 50:1 - but that just seems like too much oil for good combustion I’d youre only getting 100psi on a compression test. Lean out that mixture and see if it makes the difference.

Also, you should see a serial number as discussed above on the drive side of the jug behind the belt. J17 then 100 psi is par. Anything else you’re leaking out.
JerEazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:53 PM   #16
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Ok...So I had got the number from the chassis behind the rear right wheel...yet to take the cowl off the motor to check other number.
J32-010815........Nothing on any site says that number exists !!! Go figure!WTH??
Old 08-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #17
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Ok stripped it down and the number stamped on the side near the carb is the same as the chassis...J32-010815....the numbers on the cylinder are J1000/215cc.No damage in side from what I can tell so far , no slap in any of the bearings at all...I'll check the timing and just wait for the parts to arrive...

Just pulled the flywheel cover off and the bottom is covered in oil....it was on tight and covered in mud it never leaked thru to the outside so I couldn't see it....Thats the problem right there.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:20 PM   #18
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffo002 View Post
Ok stripped it down and the number stamped on the side near the carb is the same as the chassis...J32-010815....the numbers on the cylinder are J1000/215cc.No damage in side from what I can tell so far , no slap in any of the bearings at all...I'll check the timing and just wait for the parts to arrive...Update later and thx again fellas.....cheers with beers.
maybe a model not imported to the states?? the J10 jug is 80-81. check the intake boot it maybe marked as well.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:32 PM   #19
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Hi Mike....I was editing while you replied...lol...That Number is maybe a special just for Australia ...I can't find it listed even in the Yamaha site....thx again.
The flywheel seal is shot and leaking badly...I have a both in transit now..
Old 08-21-2018, 08:48 PM   #20
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Here is a bit of a update fellas....
Some of the parts have arrived...(Seals)
I replaced the flywheel side seal as I as yet don't have a puller....It ran marginal better...I had that Chinese carby on, I put the cleaned out original back on it not run quite well...Remembering it made no diff with what carby before...So the seal on the flywheel side has improved it a lot...It pulls of the mark quite well but not perfect...I think replacing the clutch side seal should fix that and get it to idle....More updates soon.
Griff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha