lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #11
G1newbie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to me G1, where is everyone getting their roof racks?

Pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3A76DDF5-B2DD-491E-9B37-87ABBDD1295E.jpg (176.1 KB, 0 views)
G1newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2018, 07:31 PM   #12
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1newbie View Post
Thanks my dad suggested I do that too. It appears to be functional now but I think I will go that route. No sense taking a chance. I was looking for some way to mod a roof with a pin and cotter system potentially. I’ll do some more searching on here and pay better attention to the connections.

As far as my cart has gone, I gave it a through washing and took the seats off. We got it running last night but it would die as soon as we let off the choke. Took the carb apart and looks like someone beat me to it, it’s main jet was tripped and the float was missing a pin and just floating around in there. so instead of messing with it I ordered one off amazon for $20. Got a kit of rhino lining also off amazon and the choke cable, air filter and, a spare set of keys since mine were missing. Should look and run like a whole new cart next week.
the aftermarket carb "mokuni" are hit an miss at best. Around 1 in 3 work but you can always steal parts from it to fix your stock mikuni carb.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #13
G1newbie
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, for those of you who are disconnecting your oil injector, what ratio are you running?
Old 09-26-2018, 09:43 PM   #14
neednomotoyz
Not Yet Wild

True that!!!!!!
neednomotoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:23 AM   #15
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1newbie View Post
Thanks guys, for those of you who are disconnecting your oil injector, what ratio are you running?
I think most here run 100:1 I personally run VP synthetic oil and rec fuel mixed at 50:1. Been doing this for well over a year and have yet to foul a plug. It doesn't smoke and the plug has a nice tan color. I started out with 80:1 and went down from there. My cart just seems to run best with this mix and with a 30 year old engine the extra oil can only help.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:20 PM   #16
G1newbie
Not Yet Wild

Awesome, thanks mikeasis. I was leaning towards a thicker mix, only because I know it’s going to be run fairly hard through the woods and such. Maybe one day we will lift this, but one step at a time! Got the new carb on, installing new fuel lines and a filter next. My rhino lining will be here tomorrow, it’s opening of duck season here this weekend so the cart will have to wait to be painted until next week. I also ordered a new plug I realized it was the totally wrong plug in it, so waiting for that to arrive.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:22 PM   #17
franchise78
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hey I’m a newbie too so we can learn together. Mines the greased 82 though. I’m trying to get my engine freshened up. But anyway I was thinking the same thing about a top using pins to be able to remove the top.
franchise78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #18
G1newbie
Not Yet Wild

Here’s an update for the junkies that like to see progress �� Got new fuel lines, fuel filter, disconnected oil tank (turns out there was a hole in mine under the wheel well. Probably wouldn’t of been able to keep it if I wanted to so that worked out well), new plug and new coil, runs so much better with that new coil on there! I also screwed in the governor all the way shut I guess, way faster. It was all the way out and I was only getting 10mph now I’m hitting 17 with a two low leaky flat tires. New tires going on. Tomorrow at least on my two leakers for now. I’m not going all in yet I’m debating getting a lift or not. In the meantime we got it sprayed and holy cow the difference! Still needs a few finishing touches but got it sprayed up last night, about two hours and a two beer job and four bottles of rhino lining. It’s going to sit the next couple of days to cure but I’m itching to give it a go!
Old 10-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #19
G1newbie
Not Yet Wild

All painted!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E1597D1A-AAA7-4056-838A-3E5FDF0F0597.jpg (229.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #20
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

looks great. Did you paint it on the ceiling?
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha