lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #21
Race Chaser
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 83 Marathon. Intermittent spark.

Got the parts for the upgrade the other day and installed them. Cart runs as it did before, but I wasn't able to get it out and really check it out. Not sure if I still have an intermittent spark problem anymore and may not know until next year as race season is winding down (that's the only time I use it).

But, the install was painless. Here a few pix......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-10-10_17-08-55_670.jpg (89.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-10-10_17-11-54_265.jpg (87.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-10-10_17-12-11_728.jpg (102.3 KB, 0 views)
Race Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
racin161
Gone Wild

Race Chaser your install looks great!! I noticed in pic 1 the ground wire to the module at the screw hole which is correct and I'll bet a whole group of guys forget this witch is important. THANKS for the pics as it Will help others.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #23
Race Chaser
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
Race Chaser your install looks great!! I noticed in pic 1 the ground wire to the module at the screw hole which is correct and I'll bet a whole group of guys forget this witch is important. THANKS for the pics as it Will help others.

LOU
Thanks! I'd say you were right when you say the ground wire is forgotten. I would've forgotten it also if I didn't double check the wiring with the wiring diagram before I reconnected the battery.....
Old 05-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
Race Chaser
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Background: Before the HEI upgrade I had a situation where the cart would intermitently not start due to no spark. I did the upgrade last fall and put the cart away for the winter. Now.........

Update:
The cart runs OK, but it breifly hesitates while running. Seems like it looses spark mid-run or maybe is starved for gas mid-run or maybe.....I don't know.

Some thing's I've done: 1) cleaned all ground terminals and battery terminals. Repaired a questionable wire connection from the new coil to solonoid. Put a new spark plug in it. Fuel filter stays 1/4 to 1/2 full while running.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #25
RussellGehrer
Not Yet Wild

Mine would kinda cut out on a long run I ended up adjusting the float to let the bowl hold more fuel and it stopped just be careful not to give it to much and cause flooding
RussellGehrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #26
Race Chaser
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellGehrer View Post
Mine would kinda cut out on a long run I ended up adjusting the float to let the bowl hold more fuel and it stopped just be careful not to give it to much and cause flooding
Thanks for the response. I took it out last night and experimented a little. It seems the problem only happens at more than half throttle. Less than half throttle, it runs good.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #27
2 STROKING
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Chaser View Post
Thanks for the response. I took it out last night and experimented a little. It seems the problem only happens at more than half throttle. Less than half throttle, it runs good.
Just curious as I have the same problem after doing the upgrade to a 3PG engine. Did you ever get it lined out or did you just leave it this way?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad
2 STROKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #28
Race Chaser
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 STROKING View Post
Just curious as I have the same problem after doing the upgrade to a 3PG engine. Did you ever get it lined out or did you just leave it this way?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad
I haven't had the time to troubleshoot it more. I used the cart periodically through the summer and it still has the same problem, although I did notice that it would run fine about 30% of the time.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #29
delltang
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Chaser View Post
I haven't had the time to troubleshoot it more. I used the cart periodically through the summer and it still has the same problem, although I did notice that it would run fine about 30% of the time.
Where did you run the black ground wire on the HEI to the D- on the voltage regulator or to the ground on the battery?

Thanks,
delltang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #30
Race Chaser
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by delltang View Post
Where did you run the black ground wire on the HEI to the D- on the voltage regulator or to the ground on the battery?

Thanks,
I ran it to the D- on the voltage regulator.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO