lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default G16 Transmission Issues

I started a similar thread a while ago, but I thought a repost may provide some different answers. I have a 1999 g16 that I installed the Plowman's Hot Set Up on. well, I had it running for a short time when some issues with the transmission/rear end started. When the cart is driven forward, it feels as if it jumps out of gear. It happens during acceleration as well as sustained speeds. When I let off the gas, the cart will go back in gear with the associated clunk noise of the gears. So far, I have found that the clutches work fine, the key on the input shaft is still engaged, the belt is not slipping, and the shift cables are adjusted properly. The shifter also stays in the right gear position when the gear jumping occurs. I've chnged the rear end fluid which I believe is filled to the proper level. I've checked every post I could find for someone with similar problems but no one seems to have experienced this. i have no issue with opening up the rear end/transmission, but was hoping that someone could narrow down what might be happening to the cart. Is there anything special I need to know about adjusting the shift cables? i'm hesitant to continue driving it because i'm afraid that more damage will occur. Any input is appreciated.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
hello
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Transmission Issues

Just give Don at plowmans a call he will help u out. Don is a great guy.
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That's probably what I'll end up doing. i'm just trying to narrow down what may be happening. I'm going to dig into the rear end this weekend and hopefully have a solution to the problem.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #4
judah
Not Yet Wild

I know this is an old thread, but I bought the torque spring upgrade and experienced similar issues after install. Eventually, my reverse stopped working altogether.

What did you end up doing to correct this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
That's probably what I'll end up doing. i'm just trying to narrow down what may be happening. I'm going to dig into the rear end this weekend and hopefully have a solution to the problem.
judah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha