lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
seastrike
Not Yet Wild

Default lift kit

I know this has been probably covered a lot... I did some searches on here about it but there isn't a lot on lifting the 2008 and up carts. In fact looking for kits there seems to be less available for my 2013 ezgo. It looks like ezgo makes one and Jakes has a spindle lift. Any opinions on lifting these carts? it appears to have the factory midrise lift but eventually I think I will lift it and put like 22 inch tires on the cart. Thanks in advanced :)
seastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2015, 12:23 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: lift kit

Which 2013 EZ do you have ? TXT or RXV based ? For TXT there are lots of lifts out there. For RXV, not so much.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #3
seastrike
Not Yet Wild

2013 txt
seastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Were it ME, this is the route I would go - it's about 2-3X the cost of a cheap drop-axle or Spindle kit, but the difference in ride and handling is unreal:

http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...esent-gas/7140

As a second choice, I prefer the Spindle lifts to the Drop-axle, but would ONLY buy Jakes - there are a lot of other companies out there selling crap and the few extra dollars for a Jakes kit is a wise investment ... In a pinch I have used the 2008-up electric kits on TXT's, the only difference is that You have to swap the rear brake backing plates around (side to side) and run the cables a bit differently.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Brew is correct in the long travel is the awesome route to go but for cheaper you go drop axle or spindle.. And here is where he and I differ.. I like the drop axle better than the spindle kits. They just seem stronger to me and less wear on the hubs as well as my brother had the Jakes spindle kit and it increased the turning radius to a city block.. There were stops on the spindles to keep it from turning tighter. When I called Jakes to ask about it they said it was for safety. They were concerned that someone may turn the wheel too sharp and flip it.. I translated that to they were not going to fix it so out came the grinder.. Problem solved.. At least on his..

I buy my kits from my local dealer and he cuts me some slack on the price so OEM I go.. It bolts on and no muss, no fuss.

That being said, opinions are like umm, rectums, everyone has one...
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:44 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

LMAO - You're right on several levels there, KG ....

I too have ground the flats off of spindles to get a bit more radius - but that's also one of the reasons I'm picky about what kits I buy. I picked a drop-axle kit up from ******** (not going to publicly mention the company as they're a sponsor now) and while I though I was saving a bunch over the Jakes, the tolerances and mounts were way off and I had to spend almost 2hrs getting creative to make everything fit (not to mention another set of 1" spacers, which luckily the company was willing to send me at no cost). The other issue with that kit is the way it was built, I didn't have enough room to relocate the tie-rod (?) that connects the 2 axles above them so it hangs down underneath just waiting to get bent ... The Jakes and OEM kits are definitely the way to go if it's drop-axle you decide on - it's really just (like KG said) a matter of opinion.

(BTW - the trick of using an electric kit and flipping the rear brake backing plates also works with the drop-axle kits, if You have trouble locating one for Gas carts)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO