lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
EKOSMUS
Not Yet Wild

Default Weird isuues

I have a 1997 ezgo gas cart that will run great with no problems. If I leave it in the sun for a couple of hours it will not start. It has spark but smells like it is flooding. I can come back in 3 hours and it will start right up. Also it seems to flood when you choke it. Any ideas on how to fix this?
EKOSMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
ls1chris
Getting Wild

Default Re: Weird isuues

check if your gas cap is venting.
my best guess is when it's sitting in the sun, tank is getting hot, pressurizing and pushing fuel into the carb as it sits. check/replace your fuel tank cap.
you do realize that the choke's primary function is to limit air supply and flood the motor for cold starts?
ls1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #3
EKOSMUS
Not Yet Wild

No i did not realize that about the choke. I will check the gas cap and see. Thanks for the response.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
EKOSMUS
Not Yet Wild

Also my fuel filter has very little gas in it. The one on the lawn mower stays about half full. Is this a problem?
Old 06-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #5
ls1chris
Getting Wild

no the fuel filter is never full on my cart, john deer mower, zeroturn.
try cracking the fuel cap a bit, and leave it in the sun and see if it still floods it out. but dont go ripping around like that. the cap will have a breather in it, see if you can open it up and clean it really good with varsol. you could try to soak it with varsol also and use a compressor to really blow it out good.
so the choke "chokes" off the air supply to the motor, so you get more fuel for a cold start.
wouldnt hurt to get some fuel conditioner also to help clean the carb and get any moisture out of the fuel.
ls1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:30 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I have a similar thing happen when the valves were out of whack. Have you tried checking them for correct clearance?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #7
EKOSMUS
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the help. I will dive into it this weekend and see if I can fix it. I plan on doing the valve job and testing cap.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO