lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #11
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Muffler and Electrical questions for TXT in a Flood

if your saying that the micro switch is new but not working but you can jumper the wires and it cranks then you need to check the switch , their are normally 2 ways to wire the microswitch , normally open or normally closed you need to make sure that it is wired correctly
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #12
gixxerman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok. So i bought a new solenoid as well, still nothing.

The ignition switch has power and continuity. The new pedal microswitch has continuity. The solenoid is new, as is the starter and battery. The fuse is good. All the grounds have been wire brushed and have good contact. Still nothing unless i jump across the solenoid.

I take it if the pedal microswitch is wired wrong, then continuity would be backwards? Either way, if the pedal was pushed then it would work or it would work when the pedal is not pushed. I wired it up according to the book, and the length of wires indicates its correct as well.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #13
gixxerman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I finally found the problem. The wire leading back from the pedal microswitch somehow got out of the wiring harness when it comes out of the body and was nicked up pretty bad. I cut and spliced it together and now it turns over. It did not fire up, so i checked for spark...no problem. I had a tough time getting the gas system primed, but i think i got that working. I think there may be a clogged jet or something in the carb. Is there an easy way to get the housing that has the choke and trottle connected? I fenagled it the first time i took it off but was hoping there was an easier way than disconnecting the choke and then unhooking the throttle body.

Lastly, i took the plugs out and noticed that the gap on the plug gets knocked tight every couple times i turn it over. DK what would cause that.

Appreciate all the help guys!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:30 AM   #14
JG4660
Not Yet Wild

"the plug gets knocked tight every couple times i turn it over??? " Do you have the correct plug in there? Its making contact with the piston thats the only way that can happen.
JG4660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:42 AM   #15
gixxerman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The gap is pushed closed is what I meant. I put the plugs the manual says to. It's weird cause it doesn't do it every time. I'll check to see if that plug is out of spec.

I looked for a video on how to get the carb off easily but could not find one. The housing the has the choke and throttle assy is the problem.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:50 PM   #16
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

It is possible that the con rod caps are getting loose and allowing the piston to travel farther up into the cylinder
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #17
gixxerman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally I have everything running! I had to replace the starter/generator, solenoid, pedal microswitch, a lot of wire connectors along with all the routine maintenance items (belts, plugs, all fluids). Only took me 2 months lol.

It turns out the plugs for the 350cc engine were in my 295cc engine . I put the smaller plugs in and then it was fine. Thats the third thing that was incorrect on the cart to start with. I guess someone else messed with it before it was given to me. I should have done some more basic checking on the cart before i dug in. Oh well, lesson learned. Thanks for all the help everyone!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO