lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #21
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 issues yet again

Gas comes out pretty good from the line that goes from the pump to the carb. Could the crank seals blow out again? Would bad seals cause this? It didn't do this even before when the seals were torn up. I'm tempted to buy a cheapie $20 carb from Amazon to see if it's the carb. I'm going to get a ton of hose and replace all of them and bypass the metal one and see if that helps. Any other ideas?
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2017, 01:37 PM   #22
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So I decided to buy one of those cheapo Chinese carbs off Amazon. Hey $19 is less that the fee to take it somewhere to have them diagnose it. It will allow me to rule it out or if it's the problem then I can run it with the new one as long as possible and rebuild the original one.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:29 PM   #23
socom0240
Not Yet Wild

Let me know how it turns out. I have the same cart and the same problem. Mine has sat for several years because it. When I took it to a mechanic they charged me several hundred dollars for basically cleaning the carb and changing the reeds in the fuel pump. After about a week it went right back to doing it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
socom0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:30 PM   #24
socom0240
Not Yet Wild

I changed the seals, pump, and carb out last year. After I clean the tank I'm going to pray that all fixed it, otherwise I'm selling it for whatever a dead cart goes for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
socom0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #25
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I thought I mentioned that already, sorry. I did take the line off from the pump to the carb and it shot gas all over so I know the pump is good to go. I'll see what happens with the cheapo carb this weekend.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha