lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2016, 11:20 PM   #11
bekind
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 91 G2a winter project (paint and lift)

Thanks BrewCity -
The engine was removed and the clean-up has began. The frame was too oily\greasy, so I give it a good power wash to remove the heavy grease first, then will use a degreaser later once the wheel\fenders and other parts are removed.
I will be taking a break due to Christmas and the cold weather heading this way, about -10 degrees. At the mean time, I plan on ordering the parts needed for the project. I'm still undecided on the wheel offset either 2:5 or 3:4??
The frame will be painted with POR-15 silver as suggested.. should I use HVLP or brush?
As far as the body is concerned, I really haven't decided the color but I'm leaning toward a Green or Blue color. If you know of a good color on G2, please share the paint type\info along a photo if available. Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg g2a-101.jpeg (252.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg g2a-102.jpg (284.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg g2a-103.jpg (232.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg g2a-104.jpg (148.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg g2a-105.jpg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
bekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2016, 10:13 AM   #12
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Bekind..very nice clean cart to start your project with, very little rust that I can see. I brushed my frame with the POR-15 it goes on very easy and a little goes a long way. As far as a color for your G2, it's pretty much what you like.. looking at some of the carts here on BGW and images on the interweb, I don't think there is one color better than the other.. I am personally leaning towards a gray metallic or sublime green. Good luck with your build..looking forward to seeing more pics.
maxim1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #13
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

We thinned it and sprayed it with a gravity gun and a big-a** tip, I want to say a 19 ... There were a couple of parts that we didn't spray that I later decided to paint and those were done with a brush right out of the can, the stuff actually flows out pretty good if You use a good brush (one note, do NOT plan on cleaning whatever brush You use, it just isn't gonna happen. You'll be pitching it when done, so plan accordingly).

One thing I have found over time w color is start with your seats - it's a LOT easier to match paint to vinyl than the other way around if You're going with custom 2 or 3-tone seats. Also, keep in mind this is a cart not a car, it's going to be subjected to scratching, etc a lot more than a car would - deep, dark colors *look* cool, but will show every scratch and ding (especially over a white body)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Just thought I'd throw in a pic of "My" personal cart (sorry, but yeah it's an EZGO, LOL) ... Jakes LT kit w 23" Saharas on 12" Stormtroopers ... We just had 8" of snow this weekend and i had her out playing before the road to the shop got plowed, those tires get traction in just about ANYTHING, hahahaha

20161219_154626.jpg

20161218_121013.jpg
Old 01-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #15
bekind
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Since my last post, I have done few things: Removed the rear axle, changed brake pads, painted the transmission; and cleaned and polished the engine and starter\alter. Also ordered the paint selection (pic below) for the project.

I need your help with the tire\wheel selection. As of now, I'm set on Lift: Jakes Long Travel Kit; Tires: 23x11-12 Desert Fox All-Terrain Tires; Wheels: 12x7 2:5 Offset Storm Trooper wheels. But not totaly confident on my tire\wheel selection.

Does anyone see issues or concerns with the wheel\tire sizes or brandt???

@BreCity. that's a good looking cart. Thank you for sharing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g2a-17-01-06.jpg (34.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by bekind; 01-06-2017 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: fat fingers... as usual
Old 01-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #16
bekind
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Maxim1157,

My understanding from the threads is that you have plenty experience on G9s family. Any input on the tire and wheel size and brand below. I haven't made the order yet but need some guidance.

Lift: Jakes Long Travel Kit;
Tires: 23x11-12 Desert Fox All-Terrain Tires;
Wheels: 12x7 2:5 Offset Storm Trooper wheels.

I was also reading about spacers for the rear wheels. do you recommend those for the G2? Thanks.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 AM   #17
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Bekind.. I have asked many questions here on BGW but like you I am fairly new to the golf carts. There are many more ppl on here that have tons of knowledge on the golf carts. I would ask them about wheel and tire combination as well as the spacers. People like to widen the rear wheels to match the front..I do know that.
maxim1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

With the G2 You're going to be about 4.25" wider in front than in back if I recall correctly - do a search on the 'Bay for "ATVEngineering" - they sell a 4" spacer set for Yamaha (2" per side) for around $30 shipped, I've used quite a few of them and they are a great spacer set for the $$ and I've never seen a set crack or fail (and I put my carts through a LOT) ...
Old 01-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #19
75nova
Not Yet Wild

watching
75nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:38 AM   #20
bekind
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
With the G2 You're going to be about 4.25" wider in front than in back if I recall correctly - do a search on the 'Bay for "ATVEngineering" - they sell a 4" spacer set for Yamaha (2" per side) for around $30 shipped, I've used quite a few of them and they are a great spacer set for the $$ and I've never seen a set crack or fail (and I put my carts through a LOT) ...
BewCity - I will add the spacers to my shopping list. I will proceed with ordering the lift, tires, and wheels soon. My main worry is reading several threads where large size tires rub against the cart body. Thanks.

ps: Thank you Maxim1157 for your reply

Tags
lift., yamaha g2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha