lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2017, 01:02 AM   #21
bekind
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 91 G2a winter project (paint and lift)

Late January, I had a rotator cuff surgery after an injury. I'm now on a sling for another 4 weeks, therapy for 6-8 weeks, and a full recovery from 9-18 months.

Sadly, the cart is in pieces and would like to get it ready by April. I would like to hire someone to complete the job. Again, I have all parts, tools, and material. I just need good working hands. Let me know if you or someone around Oklahoma City who is interested in making some extra cash.
bekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2017, 04:27 PM   #22
bekind
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hi folks- I'm doing better post shoulder surgery back in January so I'm slowly (and carefully) resuming the G2 work.
The whole body has been painted with POR-15 silver. No top coat for uv protection, let me know if that's really a must for this application...

The Jakes Lift is here... I'll be installing it next week when one of my bodies can help. Per Jakes Rep, the G2 will be widened by 6" total, he recommended a 3" spacers to the rear. I'm going with 2.5.. any concerns there?

Thanks guys for the all the support
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1316.JPG (135.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1317.JPG (140.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1318.JPG (123.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1319.JPG (133.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-31-2017, 04:51 PM   #23
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Bekind.. looking good, I like that silver chassis. Keep us posted and of course many pics.
maxim1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #24
bekind
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The Jakes Long Travel kit (JLTL) was a pain to install. The problem was not with the lift itself but with the instructions and parts. There was supposed to be 4 tie rod ends (2 rights and 2 lefts) I received 3 lefts and 1 right. Then, there were 2 Spindle arms included in the kit but no mention of them it in the part list or the step by step instructions anywhere; In fact, the documentation clearly indicate to use the stock arms to attach to the tire rod ends...
Waiting on replacement parts (which is a whole another topic that I'm not going to get into) have caused a 3 weeks delay. In short, for the price of the JLTL, I had expected better instructions or videos for each model, and better QA. Enough of that.. I have the lift done, my next task is to start the painting process.

I understand that the new tires (23") are too big that I have to cut out ~2" of the rocker sides, but I'm not sure if the plastic body will need to be trimmed as well. If so, it would make sense to do it now before the paint. I don't plan on having a rear seat but sometimes kids jump and stand on the back anyway. Is it necessary to trim the body around the tire so it doesn't rub?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1411.JPG (72.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1409.JPG (115.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1408.JPG (95.2 KB, 0 views)

Tags
lift., yamaha g2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha