lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2017, 06:59 PM   #1
CokeZero
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Post My Yamaha G16 Build

Alright so I'm a complete noob when it comes to carts. My neighbor bought one from the guy down the road for $40 just needed batteries and I see him riding it all the time so that got me started looking into them.

Not having much money to go off of and wanting a gas cart I seen one online that was about 40 minutes away. These are the pics he had in his add.

I loaded the family up and set out for it. It was dark and raining by the time we got there I traded him a shotgun that I paid $200 for and $400 cash.

Then when I got it home I realized it wasn't actually a gas cart, it was a electric that was converted to gas.

A little down in the dumps, I had looked into options and seen this, so I planned to just mod it.
CokeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
CokeZero
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My Yamaha G16 Build

So I bought a rear seat kit, painted the seats and floor, removed the stickers, put a mirror on it

It was at that time I realized I didn't want to keep going with it. I wanted to get an actual gas cart. due to more research and finding i'd need a new gas axle, all the wiring and random stuff, so I put it up for sale. The next day it sold for $1500
Old 05-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
CokeZero
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I then been talking with a guy who had a 1996 Yamaha G16a I went and bought his running fine for $700. downfall is that it smokes when you ride it after it sitting for a while. It does clear up after driving and seems to have its power but it's embarrassing. Here are the pics he had in his add

I wanted to build it to look cool and haul 4 adults around all the car shows, festivals, parades we go to. Wanted to do a black/ blue theme
Here are the wheels when they came in

Here they are sitting next to the cart at stock height. They are 12" with 23" tires. Also had to cut the factory rear canopy mounts to make the ones from the back seat kit work (sorry no pics putting that seat kit on)

Hitting a 3 wheel starting to get the front in the air

Front in the air with Jakes 6" A arm lift installed

Front Wheels on

When I did the rear I Couldnt get the rear sway bar on and was having 1 side hit the other side fine. Went online and found out the rear sway bar is the only thing actually centers it so you make it fit.

Painted the front seats, the front canopy bars and color matched the canopy to the wheels as well as the seat grab handles

And thats where I'm at for now Until I get the body painted black. I also plan to install the Vegas Carts 420cc big block 25hp so I can get rid of this smoking jn6 motor. Then I'll do lights and audio and be finished.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #4
tyson.brewer.3
Not Yet Wild

Nice! how much is the predator?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
tyson.brewer.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:14 PM   #5
CokeZero
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson.brewer.3 View Post
Nice! how much is the predator?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Depending if harbor freight has a sale at the time you buy it anywhere from 600-799. then you need an install kit from Vegas for about the same.

I want to retain my starter/generator so it shuts off when I stop so I'm going to go with this kit from Vegas. It has a motor with the install kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172269599660

Last edited by CokeZero; 05-10-2017 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You got some other cool vehicles there too. :Thumbup:

I would suggest changing out the axle oil soon too, it's often neglected in the maintenance. Do not fill to the bottom of the plug, it will puke out the vent. 405cc of 75w90.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #7
CokeZero
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You got some other cool vehicles there too. :Thumbup:

I would suggest changing out the axle oil soon too, it's often neglected in the maintenance. Do not fill to the bottom of the plug, it will puke out the vent. 405cc of 75w90.
Thanks for the tip! Is puking out the vent due to the lift? I have no idea measurements in cc's I'll have to find a way to measure it.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No, they weren't actually intended to be filled to the plug level. For a cup, just go down to the tractor supply, they have cheap plastic measuring cup perfect to these type jobs. If you clean off the diff cover (without solvents that will "erase" the sticker), you will find a sticker with the specs for fluid weight & capacity.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:19 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The angle of the trans with a lift does seem to make them puke a little, for a while. Most trans lube bottles are marked so you can measure.

Cart looking good, looks like you found a deal. The VC460 is a nice engine. The twin goes in the same way, though it wont be as fast you would need HS gears. Don't think there is a rev kit for them yet.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #10
CokeZero
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
The angle of the trans with a lift does seem to make them puke a little, for a while. Most trans lube bottles are marked so you can measure.

Cart looking good, looks like you found a deal. The VC460 is a nice engine. The twin goes in the same way, though it wont be as fast you would need HS gears. Don't think there is a rev kit for them yet.
What are hs gears? I'd need them for the twin and it won't be as fast? I'm leaning towards the 460 I posted. Someone offered me 2500 for the cart in cash and I turned them down. I have that in it now. And I can't get a good newer gas one for that here. Carts sell for bank in my area. I'll probably finish building this one to keep.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha