lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2017, 06:08 AM   #1
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Big block electric fuel pump

So after installing the Vegas big block swap on my g29 it seems the vacuum fuel pump doesn't send enough fuel to the carb. Even installed a new one and it'll only run for a few minutes and dies. So I'm thinking of installing this fuel pump.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-42s

My question is this. Should install it to run when my key is installed? With this option i would think it might flood the carb when stopped or even burn the pump out when the key is on.

Or should I try to install it on the solenoid so it only starts when I press the gas pedal. That way it's only running when the motor is running.

Any opinion would be appreciated.
Nicksel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2017, 06:51 AM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Big block electric fuel pump

It should be wired to run only when the cart is running. The pump you want to use is fine but could be bought cheaper on Ebay -- mine was about half of what you want to pay. I'm not a fan of vacuum pumps because of the problems but the article below will help you setup yours.

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/fuel-pump-setup.php
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #3
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
It should be wired to run only when the cart is running. The pump you want to use is fine but could be bought cheaper on Ebay -- mine was about half of what you want to pay. I'm not a fan of vacuum pumps because of the problems but the article below will help you setup yours.

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/fuel-pump-setup.php

So wire it to the solenoid to power up only when pedal is pressed ....
Nicksel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksel1 View Post
So wire it to the solenoid to power up only when pedal is pressed ....
Yes. To the solenoid. I use Carter model P60504 pumps on my carts. 3.5 psi. They work great
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha