lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #21
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Default Re: 1983 Yamaha G1 gas improvement project

20170622_130107.jpg 20170622_130143.jpg 20170622_130219.jpg
This is where I think I will relocate swing-arm mount to. I should only have to mod 1 brake-line slightly to achieve this. Figured I would use 3/16 and box of original mount location. Was wondering if I should use 5/16 or will 3/16 work since I plan to create more of a box. Any advice or pictures from someone else that has done this mod would be greatly appreciated.
20170622_130309.jpg 20170622_130325.jpg
I do like how wheel fits opening better now. Cant wait until the 2" wheel spacers show up. These seemed to have good reviews for my application.
https://www.amazon.com/Summit-Perfor...+wheel+spacers
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #22
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

So after I finish with these mods I know I am going to want more horse power. Anyone have any suggestions?? I have read some about using an enticer 250 top end but can only locate 2nd hand bits and pieces.
Am wondering if I should start new thread for this??
Old 06-23-2017, 07:00 PM   #23
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I cannot verify anything about the enticer top end on the G1 but have seen a video or 2 on youtube, none real clear.

I can however share a link from this site from a member using the Yamaha bravo snowmobile engine. If i remember correctly the G1 has around 8 horse and the bravo 20+. You use the Bravo engine with the complete G1 electrical system so you can retain reverse. I want to do this swap so badly but its hard to find a snowmobile engine in florida! Beware these parts are high priced as there is some kind of vintage snowmobile caze going on.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...ckin-g1-4.html

If you go this route get as much a complete assembly as you can (engine, carb and exhaust) as the parts individually are expensive. Far as i can tell there are no after market carbs and a used one is $100 bucks or better. Being a 2 stroke you also want the exhaust to match the engine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-1984-Ya...RYLejG&vxp=mtr

a few months back there was 5 bravos in NY for sale for $1000 3 ran and 2 for parts i just wanst sure i could justify buying them, shipping them then trying to sell or part them out. Still kick my self for it!
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You have to run the pipe to get the power, lot of people don't and you don't get all the power. Some run blaster pipe it is similar size and rpm but I don't know exactly how well it works. You have to cut the pipe on an angle and rotate it and weld it back together to reshape it. All the yami sled motors from late 80s into 90s were pretty good, good for swaps too. I have a 440 but not sure what to do with it yet. I liked the 340 better for a swap, they sounded cool and good power.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #25
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

ty will have to keep my eye out for a bravo. Lots of snowmobiles here on the west coast lol
Old 06-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #26
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Dos anyone know if the performance muffler on plowmans improves horse power? I am currently running a BBQed stock muffler with high performance carb. off Amazon
Old 06-23-2017, 08:50 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

bravo is newer version of 250 enticer.

You can cut the head, advance the timing, raise the exhaust port a tiny bit (less than what you cut on head, and you can't cut a lot you get into the chamber).

Read posts by Slonomo he put a 250 in his G1 as I recall. 250 is a piston port engine, that means it has to rev to get any power. Its not docile like the G1 engine.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:06 PM   #28
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
bravo is newer version of 250 enticer.

You can cut the head, advance the timing, raise the exhaust port a tiny bit (less than what you cut on head, and you can't cut a lot you get into the chamber).

Read posts by Slonomo he put a 250 in his G1 as I recall. 250 is a piston port engine, that means it has to rev to get any power. Its not docile like the G1 engine.
ty I will check it out. Trying to get suspension mods finished and cart put back together to see if it still runs and drives. lol
Old 06-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #29
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalSoldier View Post
ty will have to keep my eye out for a bravo. Lots of snowmobiles here on the west coast lol
The post from GMB74 goes through the bravo swap pretty thoroughly.

I find them on Craig's list all the time in pairs or even triplets in michigan ect just haven't found any one willing to ship or they don't use pay pal. Found tripltes yesterday 1 running 2 for parts for $350 but he didn't want to deal with parting one out.

You find multiples of the bravo for sale keep me in mind I'd love to do this swap on one of my g1 based carts.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:04 AM   #30
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
The post from GMB74 goes through the bravo swap pretty thoroughly.

I find them on Craig's list all the time in pairs or even triplets in michigan ect just haven't found any one willing to ship or they don't use pay pal. Found tripltes yesterday 1 running 2 for parts for $350 but he didn't want to deal with parting one out.

You find multiples of the bravo for sale keep me in mind I'd love to do this swap on one of my g1 based carts.
You got it. I have family in Minnesota that I am going to put on the search for Bravos for me. I also am going to a golf cart auction in a few weeks. I think I have found my new hobby addiction lol. I like that there are so many options at reasonable prices. Thinking of doing a big block street racer for my next cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha