lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
LuisB
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G23A 2005 Medium Utility Gas Electrical Issues

I am an electrical engineer and have an above average experience with troubleshooting cars.

Initially, the G23A Gas was working. Due to not starting, the battery was drained out. I used a power pack with jumper wires. Upon pressing the pedal, the starter will crank slowly the engine. Also when putting in reverse, the buzzer sounds even when the key switch is in the OFF position. Unfortunately, the seat felt down touching the positive of the power pack and battery. After this, pressing the pedal will not produce any cranking and there is no longer a buzzer when in reverse. I checked the battery voltage with a voltmeter and traced it to the switch and other components. I jumped the starter relay and the starter cranked but will not start (for now my focus is to get it to crank).

I have been unsuccessful in finding the wiring schematics (desperately needed), and so far identified the stop relay, voltage regulator. I am yet to find if this unit has an ignitor. I am assuming the voltage regulator was damaged. I am yet to check on the pedal switch.

If anyone has the wiring diagram for the G23A or can provide recommendations , it will be greatly appreciated.
LuisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2017, 04:35 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G23A 2005 Medium Utility Gas Electrical Issues

I'm guessing that the basic wiring diagram for the G22 would work. It's the same engine and other components. Check the 10a fuse by the voltage regulator. The buzzer sounding with the key off is normal.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
LuisB
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Dave. The unit has 2 fuses which I have checked with a voltmeter and are good. I will check the pedal switch tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
LuisB
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well, searching further, there was a 3rd fuse, so the wiring diagram must be a combination of multiple series. The fuse was blown, replaced and now my electrical is alive. Still does not want to fire up, but narrowed it down to no spark, which could be the magneto. If anyone has the service manual, I would really appreciate if you can check for a complete diagram and send me a message since I am interested in getting one.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:14 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Unplug white plug with black & blue wires, found at front base of engine. This should give you spark anytime engine is spinning. That system wants to always make spark, the plug I describe is the kill mechanism. If still no spark, get a real Yamaha TCI, no aftermarket.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha