lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2020, 07:29 PM   #1
twinky79
Not Yet Wild

Default 1987 club car

Will a FE 400 engine fit in my 1987 club car with out to many modification? i would like to put a new motor in it but i want it to work the same way as it does now by starting when you push the gas pedal. Any info would be great
twinky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1987 club car

Any motor you replace will need to be counterclockwise rotation in order to work properly. I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure that all FE400s are clockwise rotation. You can do a clone swap and retain your pedal start. I’m about to do one in my ‘90 gas Club Car.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
twinky79
Not Yet Wild

Can u send me a link to what clone motor your talking about? Would it be a easy swap or difficult?
twinky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:33 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

The most common one I’ve seen done around here is a Predator 420 swap. But there are lots of others that are pretty much all the same. They’re all based on the Honda GX390 engine. Vegas Carts makes all the parts to swap them into our older Club Cars. The only thing you really have to do is fab up a muffler and tailpipe.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:36 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here’s a link to my thread where I was asking for advice on the swap. One of the members made a parts list which I’ve been referencing as I order my parts:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=165476

Tags
engine
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car