lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default ST 4x4 Diff lock not working

I have an EZGO ST 4x4 the front and rear diff locks are not working. The front diff lock solenoid does nothing. The rear solenoid shoots in then immmediately disengages. They are both getting 12 volts to the solenoids. The rear diff lock I can manually engage on the diff by pushing the solenoid lever in and holding it. The front is frozen. I also notice three wires going into the solenoids but on the front it is missing the middle pin.
Do both front and rear solenoids sound bad? Is the front supposed to have 3 pins just like the rear?
Thanks!
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ST 4x4 Diff lock not working

These things are troublesome. Some owners have converted to cable operated locks. Both front and rear use the same part number. Make sure all electrical connections are good. The presence of voltage does not always mean you have a good connection. These solenoids draw considerable power and are similar to the shut down solenoids used on diesel tractors.

Daniel
gemmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
Piddler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

To engage the front solenoid you have to have it locked into 4 wheel drive. I believe the front solenoid only has 2 wires for this reason. As gemmechanic stated the front and rear solenoids are the same so if you definitely have one working you can try the one that works where the nonworking one is to make sure it is not in the wiring. If you need apositive answer on the 2 wire issue I can double check mine tomorrow and let you know.
Piddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #4
Piddler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Original post is over 3 yrs old.
Piddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO