lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Default 87 2pg problem after HEI

I just installed a top end kit in my cart, and it went great and it ran like a top. Well today I decided to do the HEI upgrade. I think the install went well, just like in the sticky. Strange thing is I stepped on the gas and it kind of sputtered. I remembered someone saying change the red and blue wired around on the igniter. I did that and she took off like a champ. Here's where it gets strange and right now I'm stumped. I ran down the road and it started to bog down really bad, and continued all the way home. I drove around with the seat off a it and the clutches seem to be working as they should, but the motor just started to bog down like it is under an extreme load. Once I stopped there was a noticeable amount of smoke/steam coming off of the head. It seems like it's overheating and shutting down almost, I don't even know if that's possible. I tried switching the blue and red wires back on the igniter, with no result. My head is spinning here. What am I missing here. Can anyone lend a hand?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
amesmotorsports
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 2pg problem after HEI

mine did the same thing! I put the old coil back on and no problems after that. plus if you read in the hei conversion that a lot of people had the same problem I tried another plug good luck let me know what you come up with
amesmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
Morgan44
Gone Wild

You mean you put only the old coil back on? You left the new igniter?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
bucketman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I had the same issue with mine as well. I finally worked everthing out working on my plug gaps. cart ran great for several months then the ignition went south again. Finally bought a clone engine and I am in the process of converting everything over to the new 440 clone and ge rid of the ole 295...
bucketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Well it's not a hot thing. I just tried it again after it cooled and now it won't even move. It will crank and crank with an occasional back fire. I don't get it. I may just put the original stuff back on. FRUSTRATED.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #6
2 STROKING
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan44 View Post
Well it's not a hot thing. I just tried it again after it cooled and now it won't even move. It will crank and crank with an occasional back fire. I don't get it. I may just put the original stuff back on. FRUSTRATED.
I am having similar problems on my cart after the HEI upgrade and now am to the point of putting the old system back on also for a test run. I would not have thought that this was the problem but at this point and time I am out of ideas and options. Please post any update on what you find and I will do the same.
2 STROKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO