lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default 98 ezgo spindle question

Its been 4 years since I installed my jakes 6" spindle lift on my 98 ezgo. I'm thinking about replacing the spindle lift with a jakes long travel lift. Problem is I must have thrown my stocks spindles away after the install because I can't find them anywhere. So I began looking for new spindles online and while I'm at it I figured I'd go ahead and replace the king pins as well. While I didn't exactly find anything called a kingpin I did find a part called a spindle bushing tube. Is this the same thing as a kingpin? I also ran across a part called a spindle thrust washer. What is that and where does it go? As best I recall when I installed the spindle lift I removed the spindle bolts and removed the spindle and kingpin. I reused the existing kingpin and bolt when I installed the drop spindle. I don't recall any washers. Am I missing some parts? I can't find a parts diagram of the spindles and steering anywhere.
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 98 ezgo spindle question

Hello? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
crash test dummy

best i have
Attached Images
File Type: png 2001ezgo.png (56.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Accoeding to that diagram part #22 I assume is the kingpin or spindle bushing tube. Is that indicating there are 2, a top and bottom or is that to indicate its one long bushing? As for part #10 I assume is the thrust washer which I don't have. I looked at the install instrictions for the jakes spindle lift and it makes no mention of this washer or reusing it. Maybe its not necessary with the jakes spindles. That diagram says 2001. Do you know if its a early 2001 or a late 2001? 01 was the transistion year where they went for the 3 bolt steering column with the rack mouted up top to the 4 bolt steering rack with it mounted on the axle. Not sure if the axles assembly is the same. I do know the spindles are different.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
crash test dummy

yes it is late 2001 manual
#22 is 2 tubes for steering attached to frame
#10 is the thrust washer

with steering attached to axle there is 1 tube #12
the thrust washer is # 9

i hope this helps .. i have 95 ezgo and 2001 manuals
Attached Images
File Type: png ezgoking.png (13.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Ok thanks for clarifying but what is part #11? Should I have a washer between the top of my spindle and the axle mount?
Old 10-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

bc, I do know that EZ-Go did some screwy things with the front axle in the late 90s early 2000s so yours may or may not have had the 2 part pin. Yours may have used 70328G01. Do you have the spindles already ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
crash test dummy

ok .. went and read ... # 9 is the thrust washer and #11 & #8 are regular washers
#11 is between the top of spindle and the axle mount .. as for a lifted cart ???

watched install video on a 2001 ezgo and king pin , sleeve , and all 3 washers were used in the lift install
Old 10-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I believe the kingpin 12 is longer than the spindle 10 and the washer 11 makes up the length difference so the spindle doesn't rattle in the axle frame. Also I believe 12 goes through 11..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Ok thanks for the info. I did not install the thrust washer when I installed my spindle lift. Not sure if that could be contributing to my wandering problem or not.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO