lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Default 87 gas non lift tires?

I think I've got my running issues under control. So, time to think about some tires. My cart is mainly gonna be a little pack mule around the house, woods, yard. Nothing crazy so I don't really plan on a big lift or anything real flashy. I need to gain a little ground clearance. I know it isn't much but I'm looking at the tires below. Question is how much torque loss is there going to be going from 18" to 20". The new ones are about 1.5" slimmer though. I'm sure there will be some, but I need you guys with the experience to help me out a little. You have been great help and I've learned a ton in just one week of ownership. Let me know, thanks for the help!
Amazon.com: Kenda Scorpion K290 ATV Tire - 20X7-8: Automotive Amazon.com: Kenda Scorpion K290 ATV Tire - 20X7-8: Automotive
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Default Re: 87 gas non lift tires?

Ok I just ordered a 4" lift for my 87 gasser. I am going to change the title of the thread. Now what tires do you guys suggest. Again it's more of a around the house, barns, zip down the road cart. But I wouldn't mind something a little aggressive looking. What do you guys think?
Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
planejob
Not Yet Wild

Wide tires will float over the grass better and not get stuck or leave ruts as easily.

Larger outside diameter tires will reduce the acceleration and lug the engine. They'll increase the top speed a little.

As dorky as it sounds... I like tires that maintain the stock width and height. I'm a fan of cool wheels on all vehicles, though.

I'd do something cool with the wheels.
planejob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
Morgan44
Gone Wild

I wouldn't mind stock size. The problem is I'm trying to get a little more ground clearance for the stock axle. I couldn't find any lift kit that would do that for my "old" ride.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
planejob
Not Yet Wild

For the front you could always use one of the lift axles, they are bent down on the ends to give you lift.

The only way to increase clearance on the rear is, like you have seen, to put on larger diameter wheels.

{"Or portal axles...what about portals for a golf cart...." He says while dreaming.}

Sent via carrier pigeon from an undisclosed unique geographical location.
planejob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Lift axle? I couldn't find any other lift for my year of cart except the 4" economy lift. Or are we talking about something else?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
salinasgoodoleboy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's called a drop axle, Basically it replaces your whole axle and the yolks where the spindles mount is lowered so between your spindles there is more clearance. Heres a link, not sure if it will work with yours or if your cart is the reeeealy old style like mine. In which case you would have to fab it yourself like I did.

http://www.saferwholesale.com/Brand-...FUVxQgodABEAyg
salinasgoodoleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO