lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
Indivisible
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Couple gas EZGO questions for '94 Marathon pros

I own a '94 gas Marathon with the GX444 4 cycle engine. Couple quick questions for you fellas;

1) Since I bought my cart, it averages between 26 and 32 mph depending on the temp and season, no way in heck that's normal right?

2) Lately, when I start to go, I put my foot on the gas and let it run about 30 seconds, then I start to gradually spool up the rpms and wait for it to kick in and start to pull.. it has been "Jumping" or "clunking" lately when it finally engages, like a bit of a lurch, *only when cold*, when she warms up, all good, gone.

3) Finally, how much torque should this thing have stock, when everything is new and ideal? Should it be able to carry two regular adults, with two golf bags, up a hilly golf course? What grade roughly? Mine can't even drive itself up regular quad ramps and into the bed of a stock pickup, from a stand still.. I always have to gas it and get a bit of a start before I hit the ramps.

4) Lastly, I want to dial this thing in and adjust my low speed settings in a week or so. Anyone have a manual or know where I can download one? Or do I need to spring for the super expensive factory service manual from EZGO? Thanks fellas!!!!
Indivisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
pancakes
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Couple gas EZGO questions for '94 Marathon pros

Here's the manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz4603xi4p...27206G01RS.pdf
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
Indivisible
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OMG man. That takes care of the manual. Thanks buddy. I LOVE pancakes. GO BGW. Any ideas on the other ?s pancakes?
Old 11-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
pancakes
Not Yet Wild

Happy to help, just took some focused googling. I just bought my first cart, a '92 4-stroke Marathon, so I'm new to this and won't be much help with your other questions. Will be watching the thread in case my cart has these same problems when I get it running.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Indivisible
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Copy that, thanks for gettin back, we'll screw up I mean learn together
Old 11-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Indivisible
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

1) Since I bought my cart, it averages between 26 and 32 mph depending on the temp and season, no way in heck that's normal right?
With the governor set correctly, it should go 12mph.

2) Lately, when I start to go, I put my foot on the gas and let it run about 30 seconds, then I start to gradually spool up the rpms and wait for it to kick in and start to pull.. it has been "Jumping" or "clunking" lately when it finally engages, like a bit of a lurch, *only when cold*, when she warms up, all good, gone.
Check the spring/weights in the drive clutch.

3) Finally, how much torque should this thing have stock, when everything is new and ideal? Should it be able to carry two regular adults, with two golf bags, up a hilly golf course? What grade roughly? Mine can't even drive itself up regular quad ramps and into the bed of a stock pickup, from a stand still.. I always have to gas it and get a bit of a start before I hit the ramps.
It should easily carry two adults and two golf bags around a hilly course. That's specifically what it is designed to do. It should easily drive up ramps into the back of a pickup. It appears that someone has messed with the governor and the clutching.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

or the drive belt is plum worn out. there should be a trouble shooting section in the manual
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indivisible View Post
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
Indivisible
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks 1989 for taking the time- so to confirm, I should be able to be at a total stand-still, and be able to drive up some quad ramps and into the back of a pickup with a properly performing clutch? I'm not even close to that kind of torque, but my top speed is silly fast- I was just going to start playing with the low speed settings on my carb to try and get more low end.. it smells very rich..

Toadady, both belts are approx 12 months old and have approx 50 miles on them max, same with *all* fluids, plugs, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, fuel is quality 87 octane (which these were designed to run on, no premium fuel lectures please everyone knows one of those guys..) and I use Stabil in nearly every tank even though it only sits for 60 days max..and I stay on top of tire pressure- so I highly doubt it is any type of silly maint related issue-

Jake, HA you're old..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO